Helient Systems is hiring! This is an extraordinary opportunity for a Network Infrastructure Engineer to be an important contributor to the continued success of the area’s fastest growing Legal IT Services Provider and its expanding Professional Services Practice.
To help satisfy the accelerating demand for our professional services clients, we are looking for an Information Technology Professional to provide user and system support. As this position is client-facing, the successful candidate will possess solid customer service and communication skills, strong attention to detail and dependable follow-up.
This opportunity primary responsibility of this position is the design, implementation, and support of network architectures for current and future Helient customers. The successful candidate will have significant knowledge and experience with network infrastructure on-premises and cloud-based solutions as well as competing solutions from other content management providers.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Support for physical and virtual Network Environments, for current and future Helient on-premises and cloud-provisioned customers
- Provide network engineering expertise to customer facing networking projects, and support tickets.
- Lead Helient projects to completion following defined Project phases and tasks.
- Develop detailed designs based on customer requirements and familiarity with vendor recommendations, requirements, and best practices.
- Implement the successful realization of design objectives within the defined constraints of schedule and time budget.
- Support the ongoing operation and maintenance of production systems within the terms of customer contracted service level agreements.
Technical activities include, but not limited to:
Networking and Security Infrastructure
- Security/Firewall, LAN and WAN routing and switching support.
- Maintaining Firmware and code for Fortinet, Meraki, and traditional Cisco environments.
- Ensuring Network Monitoring tools are performing properly (Auvik)
- Developing comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation
- Effectively managing the documentation and keeping it up to date.
- Troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- Act as a focal point for client security and network problems off hours and drive to resolution.
- Switching and Routing
- Network and Security Troubleshooting
- Network design following best practices leveraging Cisco SRND
- Wireless (Cisco, Meraki, Fortinet, etc..)
- WAN, SD WAN, Hybrid WAN
- Application & Network Load Balancing / Citrix NetScaler, F5, & Kemp
- QoS / DSCP
- DHCP, PXE
- DNS, WINS
- IP Addressing and Subnet Masking
- TCP / UDP
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Threat Detection and Prevention
- Network Segmentation
- Cloud Security
- Endpoint Security
- Servers: Cisco, Lenovo, HP & Dell rack mounted & blade chassis
- Nutanix Virtual Computing Platform
- Desktops, Laptops, & Thin Clients: HP, Dell (Wyse)
- Network Interfaces (Intel, Broadcom, QLogic)
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon EC2
- Microsoft 365
Monitoring & Alerting Platforms