We are seeking a skilled and experienced Systems Administrator to join our IT team. In this role, you will be responsible for installing, documenting, and maintaining branch-wide information systems, servers, and services to support our core businesses. Your expertise will be utilized to integrate systems within enterprise directories, ensuring customer access requirements are met according to established policies and procedures. You will play a vital role in maintaining, administering, supporting, and troubleshooting various services using approved enterprise tools and methods. Timely technical support and assistance to customers, vendors, and other IT personnel will be part of your responsibilities, as you resolve issues in a clear and concise manner. As a Systems Administrator, you will evaluate system performance through tests, conduct periodic maintenance, and continuously work towards restoring, maintaining, and improving the performance of all information systems. You will serve as a resource for IT’s team members, offering technical assistance on existing and new technology and managing projects to ensure quality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, and document Branch wide information systems, servers, and services in support of core businesses
- Integrate systems within the enterprise directories according to established policies and procedures to ensure customer access requirements
- Maintain, administer, support and troubleshoot the appropriate services using approved enterprise tools and methods to ensure availability and performance
- Provide quality and timely technical support and assistance to customers, vendors and other IS personnel to resolve problems and issues in a clear and concise manner
- Evaluate system performance by running tests using appropriate methodologies and tools. Perform periodic maintenance to restore, maintain and improve the performance of all information systems
- Act as a resource for IS team members, providing technical assistance on new and existing technology and manage projects to ensure quality
- Act as a resource for IS team members, providing technical assistance on new and existing technology and guidance in how to solve complex, technical problems related to hardware, software, operating systems, and data in a professional manner.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- The Server Administrator is responsible for resolving escalated service issues, assisting other team members to resolutions, managing, and implementing projects, and maintaining and overseeing the technology within the IT ecosystem.
- This role is a key position within the IT department and will be called upon to resolve technical issues.
- Ensure that all aspects of computer systems are operating efficiently, including installations and upgrades.
- Maintain, implement, and troubleshoot the Cloud Environment, including installations, customizations, and reports.
- Maintain an updated Server, SAN, VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Networking Security environment.
- Thoroughly document all issues to alleviate chronic escalations.
- The Windows Server Administrator candidate will have 3-5 years of experience configuring and supporting medium size infrastructure environments to include networking protocols, clustering, replication, encryption, tape/disk drives, and backup and restore technologies with special consideration given to application performance and resiliency, configuration, optimization, and especially troubleshooting.
- Familiar with several of the following: 0365, Microsoft Active Directory and Windows infrastructure services such as AD, GPO, DFS, File/Print, DNS, WINS, replication, certificate services, ADFS, Virtualization of network, SAN, and Server technologies, VMWare technologies
- Experience with enterprise solutions for application performance and resiliency
- Familiar with configuring, optimizing, troubleshooting, and managing: AD/Dir services, attributes, object, object classes; VMWare ESX Enterprise; vSphere, vCenter, etc.
Other Key Skills:
- Proven ability to build rapport and maintain relationships with internal partners
- Proven ability to digest complex issues and develop creative solutions
- Superior problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter
- Outstanding organizational and effective time management skills
This job is a hybrid position with a requirement to work a minimum of 3 to 4 days in-office per week. The remainder of the time can be worked remotely. Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours and respond to after-hours emergency situations as needed. Our bank is committed to providing extensive training and resources to help you excel in this role.
Truth in Texas Banking. That’s what we’re about. Founded in 2010, we are one of the ten largest banks headquartered in the state of Texas. We became a publicly traded company in 2014 and in 2020 and 2021 we were listed on Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, we’ve built a bank forever rooted in truth, transparency, and uncompromising integrity.
We know our strongest asset is the passion, authenticity, and talent of our people. We focus on the growth and development of each team member to unlock potential to “Be Your True Self.” Our “True You” culture is made up of five pillars:
- Be Mindful
- Be Healthy
- Be Better
- Be Prosperous
- Be Faithful
With this as our foundation, we’ve built a bank of people who are transparent, tell the truth, and act with integrity. We unite together in common purpose - caring deeply for our clients and communities, communicating openly with each other, and treating everyone with respect. Visit our website at www.VeritexBank.com and come see how we’re bringing truth and transparency to Texas banking.
Veritex Community Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. Veritex Community Bank is under no obligation to pay any referral compensation or recruiter fee in the absence of a current executed Recruitment Services Agreement. In the event a recruiter or agency submits an unsolicited resume or candidate without an agreement, Veritex reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Veritex Community Bank.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at Recruiting@VeritexBank.com.
Work environment and Physical demands: The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may occasionally stand, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job- related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Veritex Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. Veritex Community Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Veritex Community Bank Corporate Human Resources, Dallas, Texas.