Precision Optical Transceivers is a system engineering company focused on optical transceivers and related active/passive optical components. We value the importance of delivering a high-quality product that performs reliably throughout your network. From first point of contact through network replication and system testing, our expert engineers work closely with you to identify potential problems and, ultimately, solutions.
We are seeking an experiences Systems Engineer to join our team in Rochester, NY. This person will need a strong understanding of optical networking technologies and how these technologies apply to Precision OT's customers. The Systems Engineer works to test, develop, and troubleshoot all aspects of both existing and future active and passive optical products.
- Defines technical specifications and test procedures for Precision OTs production team
- Interacts with sales engineering teams to create solutions to customers optical networking needs
- Supports vendor and equipment qualification and evaluation
- Leads optical network equipment troubleshooting, integration, and root cause analysis efforts
- Creates and updates transceiver and optical network device templates and configurations
- Tests and validates compatibility of optical transceiver devices with various types of networking equipment
- The Systems Engineer position will require some travel, up to 20% a year
Education & Experience:
- A bachelors degree in computer, electrical, or telecommunications engineering or relevant experience
- Experience with optical routing, switching, and/or transport networking gear required
- In depth experience with Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, or equivalent networking gear a plus
Precision Optical Transceivers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Precision Optical Transceivers to provide equal opportunity in employment and conditions of employment to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, veteran or military status, disability, pregnancy-related condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, familial status, prior arrest, domestic violence victim status, non-job related convictions, participation in lawful activities outside of our workplace, or any other status protected by law.