Sponsorship - Person has to have US Citizenship or Green Card. No Spousal EAD or OPT accepted.
No relocation assistance - Person has to be in Houston and able to provide a proof of living already in general Houston area.
HYBRID Work - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the office. Monday and Friday remote work.
As a Lead DevOps/DevSecOps Engineer you will establish and grow our DevOps and DevSecOps discipline. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and reliable delivery of software and infrastructure solutions used by multiple app teams. You will play a critical role in optimizing and automating processes, implementing best practices, and fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation. This position requires a strong background in DevOps principles, hands-on technical expertise, and excellent leadership and communication skills.
· 7+ years in the software engineering field or similar, with 3+ years serving as a senior DevOps engineer/lead/architect with a focus on AWS
· Good experience designing, implementing, and managing enterprise-scale infrastructure on AWS, as well as deep understanding of AWS services and best practices
· Strong knowledge in key DevOps practices, including CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), message brokers, observability, and monitoring, serverless computing, containerization, and scripting languages like Python
· Strong hands-on experience writing Terraform code including the creation and use of Terraform modules
· Solid experience managing containerization and container orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes including expertise in deploying, scaling, and managing containerized applications at scale
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, VPCs, Subnets, DNS, load balancers, WAF, etc
· Experience working with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks and tools such as Kafka, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic Search, Open Telemetry and Kibana
· Experience using Kubernetes, Helm, Docker containers and ADO pipelines and static code analysis tools
· Hands-on experience in consuming and configuring AWS services – ECS, EKS, ECR, S3, RDS, KMS etc
· The candidate should have leadership skills with the ability to lead and mentor other DevOps engineers, as well as collaborate effectively with other teams and stakeholders
· Passion to lead from the front by keeping in touch with emergent technologies to keep our platform and services in alignment with industry trends
· The candidate will also apply technical expertise to solve cloud-native solutions at scale along with leading and evangelizing transformations and driving innovation
· The role will also contribute by developing assets for the DevOps Practice, supporting a community of practice, and developing a culture of shared accountability as it relates to security, faster product delivery, continuous improvement, and automation
· Build: Design, build and support the overall DevOps architecture and automate application and infrastructure development and deployment pipelines (IaC) by building scalable and re-usable patterns
· Apply Agile principles and practices to drive iterative development, continuous improvement, and faster time-to-market.
o Coordinate and complete multiple Jira Epics simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery.
o Gather requirements from both internal and external customers, and develop Epics, Stories, timelines, and simple budgets if needed to deliver effective solutions.
o Participate in regular standup meetings, sprint planning meetings, and address any issues or risks related to your work.
· You will also collaborate with Cyber Security to implement security and compliance policies across our cloud infrastructure running our applications and services ensuring data security, compliance, and high availability.
· Implement: Research, design, and implement monitoring and observability tools to evaluate health, usage, and availability of services running in the cloud
· The role is also responsible for implementing zero downtime and blue-green deployment strategies
· Leadership: Provide technical leadership and guidance to more junior DevOps engineers
· Mentor and coach other team members
· Documentation and Knowledge Management: Drive the creation and maintenance of comprehensive documentation, best practices, and knowledge repositories related to DevOps processes, procedures, and infrastructure architecture.
· Best Practices: Responsible for establishing and optimizing our DevOps practices, including training, establishing methodologies, and creating /maintaining practice artifacts
· Evangelize and drive adoption of best practices in Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration as Code (CaC), CI/CD, security, and compliance controls to protect the integrity and availability of our data and applications
· Also, adopt a culture of collaboration, transparency, and continuous improvement across the engineering squads
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 - $165,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77056: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Shell Scripting: 2 years (Required)
- DevSecOps: 4 years (Required)
- CI/CD: 4 years (Required)
- AWS: 7 years (Required)
- Team Leadership: 2 years (Required)
- Terraform: 3 years (Preferred)
- Splunk: 3 years (Preferred)
- Docker: 3 years (Required)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Houston, TX 77056