We are seeking a highly skilled Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the development of technical solutions and ensuring adherence to proper systems engineering processes. The candidate will communicate and coordinate with customers, subcontractors, and vendors, as well as collaborate with multidisciplinary development teams. As a Systems Engineer, you will act as a task leader for specialized groups of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers, performing engineering analyses, system integration and installation, test planning, system performance evaluations, and more. Your role will involve supporting the Program Manager, Project Engineers, and other Systems Engineers throughout task accomplishment, coordinating and participating in technical reviews, and ensuring the correct usage of systems engineering processes and procedures. Innovative approaches to problem-solving and design/operational issues will be key in this position.
This role is primarily onsite in East Orlando with limited remote work
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare specifications, process studies, research, and investigations; produce reports and manuals.
- Interface with customers to develop specific and derived requirements.
- Define system-level architectures and designs.
- Work closely with design, integration, and test teams to verify system behavior against requirements.
- Conduct system design and development work.
- Perform program planning activities that require knowledge of systems engineering principles and techniques.
- Proficient knowledge of the Department of Defense Acquisition Framework and associated Systems Engineering principles and practices.
- Experience with requirements trace tools and methods.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in training devices and simulation programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with customer relations skills.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Project.
- Experience and knowledge of C++, Unified Modeling Language (UML), or other object-oriented methodologies, tools, and programming languages.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in the implementation of systems engineering principles, including:
*Design and development of training devices throughout a program life cycle, including fielding.
*Integration of hardware and software systems focused on the use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) hardware.
*Re-hosting and technology insertion of existing systems with new software.