For over four decades, the higher education experts at Jenzabar have been helping colleges and universities across the world thrive through multiple services. The Jenzabar culture is one that fosters an entrepreneurial environment, where employees are encouraged to be creative, work hard, and have a great time while doing so. We believe in open doors, asking tough questions, respecting each other, and surpassing our clients’ expectations every step of the way. It’s an enjoyable place to be, with casual dress and a relaxed atmosphere.
We believe everyone is a masterpiece with great work to do on Earth. Jenzabar’s mission is to create pathways to empower all to know who they are, what work they are destined to do, and how they can unlock their full potential – at home, at work, and in the world!
Jenzabar is searching for a motivated and experienced Compliance Director to guarantee that our business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines. The Compliance Director will perform a range of duties including evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing company processes, along with designing and leading training for all employees. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, with in depth knowledge of the latest industry procedures and regulations. The candidate will have worked for public companies previously and has SEC experience. To prosper in this role, you should be fluent in risk management and our industry’s principles and have experience as Compliance Manager or Director in public company.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Analyze internal business systems to ensure compliance with industry regulations and ethical standards
- Work with IT Security to align corporate security in compliance for possible IPO/ transition to public company
- Create, modify, update, and implement the company’s policies
- Develop risk management strategies
- Liaise with other departmental heads to ensure that all business operations are in line with business policies
- Advise the top management on business operations relating to investment, risks, and any other policy development
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations
- Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including policies, investments, and procedures
- Design control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements
- Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes
- Design and lead employee training sessions on compliance issues
- Responsible for researching legal requirements for new initiatives
- 12+ years proven experience in compliance role
- SEC Knowledge and experience (required)
- Experience in public company as Compliance Manager/Director is required (experience in transition from private to public preferred)
- Must have experience working in public company as Compliance Director
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Exceptional knowledge of legal requirements and procedures
- Prior experience at a SaaS company a plus
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation skills (to various audiences - executives & individual contributors)
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Should have strong conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills
- Higher education experience is preferred
- Additional certifications in the field of compliance are a bonus
The pay range for this position is $99,000-$163,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, geographic location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus in addition to a full range of benefits. This information is provided per the relevant state and local pay transparency laws for the location in which this position will be performed.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K, Educational Assistance
Jenzabar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetics, genetic markers and carrier status, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by state and federal laws.
Please Note: Jenzabar does not sponsor applicants for work visas.