Job Summary: The IT Director is responsible for overseeing the Old Dominion Group’s information technology (IT) personnel and operations, ensuring the IT department provides efficient and effective technical support service. They will perform a variety of tasks onsite related to the management, direction, and planning of network infrastructure, servers, telecommunications and helpdesk.
The IT Director is committed to ODG’s vision, mission and values, is inviting of growth and change and has an ability to build strong and effective relationships with vendors, partners, leaders and employees at all levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with CFO, sets strategic infrastructure technology direction for the organization.
- Connects IT to management strategy/planning efforts and business goals.
- Independently manages the IT function, while keeping leadership aware of activities, challenges, and recommendations for upgrades.
- Responsible for the overall quality and efficiency of support services.
- Plans, implements, and tests network and systems to ensure a secure and efficient computing environment. Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations, as needed.
- Assists with the creation of the department’s annual budget and routinely monitors to ensure adherence to the budget.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to efficiency and efficacy standards.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs; and makes recommendations for improvement to the CFO and the Executive Team.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Oversees the IT onboarding process for new hires, including but not limited to preparing their IT setup, working with the hiring manager and HR to determine IT needs (equipment, software, tools, access rights, etc), ordering and setting up equipment prior to their start, and providing appropriate IT technical and security training.
- Responsible for the acquisition and management of talent for the IT Department, including but not limited to assisting with recruitment/onboarding, coaching and development, retention, and termination undertakings.
- Responsible for the overall management of IT personnel. Provides technical direction and professional support to department personnel, as well as ongoing, timely, and constructive feedback. Consults with HR as needed concerning complex or escalated personnel matters.
- Ensures adherence with IT project plan(s).
- Leads deadline management; closely monitors progress on and ability to meet the most critical time sensitive tasks.
- Enforces standard operating policies and procedures.
- Strives for a model of continuous improvement by maintaining a high level of IT knowledge, industry best practices, and latest technology for IT systems and management, and translates acquired knowledge into quantifiable benefits for the organization aligned with future department and business plans.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
- Bachelor's degree, with a computer science or technology focus preferred.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in the IT field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train users and employees technology uses and practices.
- Experienced at software, hardware and other technology procurement negotiations.
- Proficient with Azure & Office 365.
- Able to understand business objectives and requirements and apply technology to help achieve them
- Open-minded about different technologies and acutely aware when technology is not part of the solution
- Experience providing support for PC, networking and server support
- Excellent knowledge of IT best practices and IT systems and management.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate stressful work situations and apply critical thinking skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Must be an effective team player with a positive attitude
- Proficient using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strategic, proactive and resourceful thinker, able to see the big picture, plan ahead, identify gaps and propose solutions that will support the company in achieving their plans and goals.
- A demonstrated ability to hire, lead, coach and mentor others in a manner that is consistent with ODG culture, vision and values.
- Highly autonomous and driven to be efficient, with an understanding of when Executive Management needs to be involved in the decision-making process.
- Sound project management and delegation skills, with an ability to with team members to achieve desired outcomes within established timeframes and deadlines.
- Quality focused, detailed-oriented, able to plan, prioritize, stay organized, work efficiently, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Effective analytical, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, with an ability to interact with and maintain the trust of vendors, partners, managers, subordinates, and employees at all levels.
- Ability to exercise reasonable and professional judgment and self-control.
- Self-motivated, with a dedication to keeping up to date professionally and technically and apply new knowledge to the position.
- Enthusiastic, honest, open and trustworthy, with a high level of integrity.
- Must be flexible and accessible, able to adjust work schedule to meet business needs, as necessary.
- Experience in the Construction Industry
- Experience with Viewpoint Spectrum
- Certified in at least one core technology area (e.g.,MCSE, Oracle, Cisco)
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel occasionally for meetings.
- Able to see, talk and hear in person, via phone and/or through online/video.