The IT Help Desk Manager provides supervision, guidance, and support for all Help Desk functions serving our Distribution Center and Scout Shops across the US. This includes but is not limited to the areas of end-user support, onboarding, offboarding, asset management/inventory tracking, printer management, and networking. This role requires an individual to be a self-starter that has a desire for continuous improvement and service excellence. With a strong desire to learn new tools, optimize processes, guide the team members to achieve the utmost efficiencies in the day-to-day user support functions. The ideal candidate while not disrupting the working processes, will simultaneously seek to streamline, improve, and enable improved processes.
The IT Helpdesk is the critical face of IT for the Boy Scouts of America. This role is paramount to drive engagement with a “service excellence first approach”. The individual who takes on this role must be the embodiment of this ethos.
- Participates and contributes to IT meetings in the following manner: Absorbs new ideas, proposes creative solutions, constructively challenges proposed solutions and sees the final direction implemented.
- Serves as an IT leader and as the key role model to the IT Help Desk team members.
- Owns all assigned projects through project management, leadership, and guidance of the Help Desk Team.
- Creates good measurements of success through KPI’s for the Help Desk function.
- Works with IT Purchasing & Finance to ensure proper PO, invoicing, and billing is accurate regarding all equipment purchases.
- Manages the receiving, purchasing and inventory control of IT equipment.
- Provides individual guidance to the team for career development through mentorship.
- Displays a willingness to learn new technologies through various training resources available and impart practical knowledge to the team members by guiding individuals through their assigned training resources.
- Plays a key role as the team leader in resolving Help Desk tickets in a timely and effective manner.
- OS/Software/Hardware support (Windows 10, Office 365).
- Manages Desk and Mobile phone support.
- Handles licensing and purchase requests as needs arise.
- Printer and scanner installations and management.
- Assists with physical office moves and end-user setups.
- Understands and configures TCP/IP network infrastructure.
- Assists with troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's of Business Administration or equivalent degree from an accredited university, or trade school.
- 7-10 years of work experience providing technical support.
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Technical writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook applications and mobile apps
- Experience in various technology solutions (software, hardware, subscriptions)
- A+, Network+, Security +, MS 365 certification preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills a must
- Self-starter with a strong drive to be a part of a team.