Who are we?
Generali Global Assistance is proudly part of the Europ Assistance Group brand and our products utilize a number of corporate and product brands. The brands for our North American team include the following:
- CSA: US travel insurance brand for retail and lodging partners. Learn more here.
- Generali Global Assistance (GGA): The primary Corporate brand in the United States for our travel insurance, travel assistance, identity and cyber protection, and beneficiary companion products. Learn more here.
- GMMI is the industry standard for global medical cost containment and risk management solutions. Learn more here.
- Iris, Powered by Generali: identity and digital protection solution. Learn more here.
- Trip Mate: US travel insurance brand for tour operator, cruise and airline partners. Learn more here.
The VP of IT Governance & Project Portfolio Management has a track record of execution and operational success and will assure that all technical, operational, and business objectives are achieved. This individual reports to the Chief Information Officer and will assist in establishing and implementing strategic IT budget and project portfolio goals in support of the of the Europ Assistance North America (EANA) and Europ Assistance Group (EAG) business. Essential to this position is the ability to develop and maintain highly constructive relationships and effective communication with parent company senior leaders (EAG), fellow constituents, business partners, and our strategic partners to deliver high quality and consistent service and support.
As a member of the EANA IT senior leadership team, this role will also be responsible for contributing to the sound planning, effective scheduling/resourcing of projects, exercising financial controls, focusing on appropriate technological investments, and solidifying detailed measurements against which to evaluate the performance of all functions of the IT function within their scope of responsibility.
Specific IT domains of responsibility this role will be accountable for include:
· IT Financial & Cost Management
· IT Telemetry & Reporting
· IT Project Portfolio Management
- Liaise with EANA IT and PMO peers and EAG IT leadership on the tracking and reporting of the IT demand, intake, capacity, delivery, and financials for the IT portfolio.
- IT portfolio management in coordination with EANA PMO and EAG project investment committee processes
- Chair the Change Management lifecycle process ensuring standardized methods and procedures are used to track, approve, and minimize impacts when changes are introduced.
- Directs and maintains ownership of the central IT cost model always ensuring its accuracy to the financial budget, actuals, and forecast.
- Own the IT financial analysis, modeling, and reporting required to aid the IT senior leadership team in the decision-making of IT spending, adherence to the timely submission of financial reporting requests, and the timely reporting of irregularities.
- Champion the IT delivery estimation, general IT budgetary processes, and the business case to ensure there are robust controls, consistency, and completeness in the creation of all IT financial artifacts.
- Leverage a framework of tools and utilities to produce reports and dashboards illustrating the status of the workflow, operational health, performance, capacity, availability, and other trends of importance needed for managing the performance of IT.
- Develop and contribute to strategy, roadmaps, and budgets.
- Foster a strong sense of teamwork between IT and other business leaders.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary action.
- Develop, contribute, implement, and enforce appropriate IT policies and procedures necessary to align with departmental and company objectives.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by leadership
- Exhibit high ethical leadership standards and creation of an environment of respect, consistent with the Company's values.
- Deep financial and budget acumen capable of creating forecast models and business case proposals.
- Strong Communication and Consensus-Oriented Decision-Making skill. Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and communicate in a proactive fashion.
- Proven ability to manage via influence and drive directional decisions, change, and operational excellence.
- Comfort level interacting, influencing, and lobbying at the C-Level.
- Strength in managing stakeholder expectations and negotiating mutually effective outcomes
- A strategic planner with a high level of sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Ability to drive results, adapting tactics or breaking down barriers to achieve optimal, timely results.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and presentation ability.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Hardened Lean Six Sigma or equivalent experience in applying process improvement concepts.
- Extremely proficient with financial planning, modeling, budgeting, analysis, tracking, expense management, and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of the essential tools and methods used in IT portfolio management
- Deep Service Delivery and Performance Management (analytics, dashboarding, SLA, KPI, etc.)
- Solid experience with using Business Intelligence (BI), analytics, and reporting tools
- Strong IT delivery prioritization and portfolio management skills
- Deep Excel and PowerPoint skills, with particular focus on the use of advanced Excel features.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT including GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA, and PCI DSS.
- 8+ years of enterprise financial analysis, planning, expense management, budgeting, and forecasting.
- 7+ years of enterprise IT Program Management experience with increasing levels of responsibility and program size.
- 7+ years of experience in an IT services and support function, partnering with the business to meet and exceed service levels.
- 5+ years of senior IT leadership experience.
- 3+ years of international and multicultural business experience.
- Insurance and/or Financial Service experience is a plus
- PfMP Certification is highly desirable
- PMP Certification is a plus
- B.S. or B.A. in the field of Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or equivalent in the combination of education and professional experience.
Employees enjoy a plethora of benefits to include:
- A diverse, inclusive, professional work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Company match on 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off policy
- Generous Employer contribution to health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness programs
- Fun employee and company events
- Discounts on travel insurance
Where you’ll be doing it.
This is a hybrid role based out of our San Diego, CA office. As a hybrid role, you will be working onsite 3 days a week and working from home 2 days a week.
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, military status, HIV/AIDS status, mental or physical disability, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness, or physical handicap, or any other legally protected basis under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, classification, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. The Company will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. All Company employees are responsible for complying with the Company’s Equal Opportunity Policy. Every employee is to treat all other employees equally and fairly. Violations of this policy may subject an employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.