Remote - No PST Candidates
Mode: fully remote but will go onsite if need in future with 30-60 days notice to report back in hybrid mode
Immediate opportunity for a Software based, Cyber Security Business Analyst for our customer, a major Federal Healthcare insurance organization based in Washington DC. The selected candidate will have a software security background (ie: application security, identify access MGT, data security, cloud security etc..) to coordinate, own, manage and maintain the business, technical and functional requirement gathering and formalization process for multiple Cyber Security projects (including but not limited to Data Security, Application Security, Network Security, Identity & Access Management, Privileged Identity Management, Security Assessments (NIST or others), Security Information and Event Management). The selected candidate will coordinate amongst several application security teams to ensure that applications are protected and from inappropriate access, disclosure and/or damage. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- 25% Develop/Enhance companywide Application security best practices and contribute to the tooling/processes.
- 25% Research information security improvements and brief management.
- 25% Remain up to date on Information Security vulnerability trends and emergent threats.
- 25% Assess, plan, and execute security measures in a layered approach to protect the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required.
- 5 years of relevant business and systems subject matter expertise within the Application security, Data Security, and Network Security domains.
- Ability to coordinate amongst several technical teams to track application security vulnerabilities remediation efforts is critical knowledge within this position.
- Must have knowledge of software applications such as Java and Python. Hands on exp considered Big Plus
- Knowledge of and/or Hands on experience with AWS/DevOps/Kubernetes would be a big plus
- Proven experience supporting data security and/or application security projects as a Business, Systems or Requirements Analyst is required.
- Demonstrated business process analysis, Workflow, task analysis, user-acceptance testing and requirements analysis knowledge.
- Proven ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
- Experience with user acceptance testing concepts.
- Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: Functional Decomposition, Data Flow Diagrams, User Context Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Workflow modeling, Use Cases, Use Case Model Survey and Use Case Specification, Process Modeling, Prototyping
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills