Security represents the most critical priorities for our customers in a world awash in digital threats, regulatory scrutiny, and estate complexity. Microsoft Security aspires to make the world a safer place for all. We want to reshape security and empower every user, customer, and developer with a security cloud that protects them with end to end, simplified solutions. The Microsoft Security organization accelerates Microsoft’s mission and bold ambitions to ensure that our company and industry is securing digital technology platforms, devices, and clouds in our customers’ heterogeneous environments, as well as ensuring the security of our own internal estate. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
The mission of Microsoft Digital Security & Resilience (DSR) is looking for a Senior Security Incident Responder
to enable Microsoft to build the most trusted devices and services, while keeping our company safe and our data protected. As part of the Microsoft Security organization, and a steward of Microsoft and our customer's data, a core function of Microsoft DSR is ensuring the security of every aspect of the business. Microsoft DSR is responsible for company-wide information security and compliance, with a strategic focus on information protection, assessment, awareness, governance, and enterprise business continuity.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.Responsibilities
The opportunity for leadership that accompanies this individual contributor position is unique. You will coordinate security response activities and make key risk decisions in an overall effort to protect Microsoft and our customers. With limited information, you will regularly connect with senior leaders in the company, make high-stakes decisions with executive visibility on extremely short timelines. These responsibilities include:
- Lead and coordinate the response and recovery activities from information security incidents, and manage function-related business processes
- Work closely with investigators and security engineering across the organization to protect customers and Microsoft
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the division that can improve our security practices and response capabilities.
- Manage activities across all issues throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Collaborate with researchers, coordinators, and engineers to improve the protection, detection, and response capabilities of the products
- Innovate processes, create strategies and work with partner teams to promote efficiency and standardization.
- Ensure excellence through regular training and learnings.
- Drive learnings into our products to protect all our customers
- 5+ years of experience in software development lifecycle, large-scale computing, modeling, cyber security, anomaly detection, Security Operations Center (SOC) detection, threat analytics, security incident and event management (SIEM), information technology (IT), and operations incident response
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Experience with large scale and complex incidents of all types, including Advanced Persistent Threat(APT), Distributed Denial of Service(DDoS), malicious insider, web and mobile applications, and data exfiltration.
- Demonstrated foundational knowledge in software engineering and/or cloud technologies including: cloud services, hardware, networking, architecture, protocols, file systems, and operating systems.
- Experience triaging security vulnerabilities and driving product and/or service response.
- Demonsrated communications, interpersonal awareness, attention to detail, and the ability to foster cooperation and trust across teams
- Proven foundation in security with a proven track record in managing risk.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining focus and a professional approach.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in-writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner
- Certifications such as: GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA),GICA-Cloud Forensics Responder(GCFR), GIAC Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional(CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker(CEH), etc.
Security Operations Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay #cloudIR #DSR #MSRC #MSFTSecurity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.