IT and Security Project Director, Educational Projects
- Lead a Project Management Team, in accordance with college district's program policies.
- Organize, direct, train, and manage a Project Management team ranging in size from four (4) to eight (8) people.
- Manage and execute five (5) to ten (10) projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity up to $50+M.
- Coordinate with various College District and program stakeholders to successfully plan and execute projects
- Successfully deliver a variety project types (i.e., construction, infrastructure, IT, landscape, etc.) on schedule and within budget.
- Track, address and resolve all project issues in a timely manner.
- Review, negotiate, and process all change order requests per college district's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Review and develop design and construction contract documents in collaboration with other stakeholders at the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Coordinate budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Managers regarding Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E), Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation.
- Successfully closeout projects to include Division of the State Architect (DSA) closeout and PMO/ College District closeout.
- Identify project risks.
- Create and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Create and present project and program information periodically to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Report on a weekly basis on the status of the College program to the school district and the PMO.
- Track all project status and provides management reports relative to overall progress relative to construction project delivery schedules.
- Track status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements.
- Review and inspect construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements.
- Monitor, track, address and mitigate construction disputes in collaboration with the PMO.
- Direct and assist in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the PMO and the college district.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large Capital Improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes.
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred.
- Experience with Security or IT intensive projects (security center, surveillance system, fiber network modernization, data center.)
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
- Experience in alternative delivery method like design-build
- Experience with using a web-based project management system such as Proliance
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)