The Virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO) is a high-profile position within the organization. The vCIO is an experienced professional who possesses strong contract negotiation skills, exceptional client relations expertise, advanced technical knowledge, and business acumen to successfully lead assigned government business teams. The vCIO works with our government clients, helping them develop and implement high-level, innovative technology solutions to address their objectives and technology needs. The vCIO is a knowledgeable technology advisor with strong business savvy who is skilled in project management and exceptional customer service.
The vCIO is responsible for directing and implementing Information Technology Solutions for InterDev’s government clients and creating strategies that result in the profitability, efficient operations, and service success of this key business unit for the company. The vCIO ensures the alignment of InterDev’s government clients with the overall goals and objectives of the organization. The vCIO works closely with key stakeholders at government client sites to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective and optimal technology solutions for all aspects of their organization.
- Serve as strategist, partner, advisor, and visionary to government clients in designing and implementing custom solutions that align with technology strategy and service needs.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Performs on-site client site visits on a weekly basis.
- Benchmark, analyze, and report on results and trends in service, tools, and technology; proactively plan changes and improvements, long-term sustainability, and government business growth.
- Oversee and lead special projects throughout the project lifecycle for government clients.
- Work with the Business Development team providing accurate scope of work, cost estimates, and information for Government RFP responses; serve as the subject matter expert for government proposals.
- Preserve government client assets and assure business continuity by overseeing and co-creating disaster recovery, backup procedures, information security, and control structures in collaboration with the internal Security team.
- Create estimates, reports, and data analysis in response to client requests for information to support their technology needs.
- Create and manage budgets that meet profitability, contractual, and performance KPIs for government clients.
- Assist with vendor, supplier, and consultant agreements on behalf of the client as requested.
- Develops policies, procedures, knowledge base materials, training, workflow, and automation to drive success for government team members.
- Manage and facilitate performance and technical skills development of direct reports by effectively communicating expectations, cross-training, setting individual goals, conducting annual performance reviews and performance improvement plans, and providing creative and motivational team-building opportunities.
- Facilitate orientation, training, and mentoring of new and existing direct reports.
- Define and ensure implementation of IT policies, procedures, and best practices throughout the government team.
- Successfully assess the knowledge, skills, and abilities of government team members to ensure InterDev technical staff is matched appropriately with client needs.
- Drive quality of service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Verify and authenticate technology application results directing system audits of technologies implemented as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Planning, deployment, and management of technology services involving Microsoft Platforms: Windows Server, Exchange, MSSQL, Identity management, ADFS, Windows workstations, SAN/NAS Storage, VMware ESXi environment, and mobile device management systems.
- Communicate with government clients regularly and as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Perform other duties and tasks which may be assigned from time to time by Chief Operating Officer.
- Technical awareness with the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately; service awareness of the organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Advanced professional knowledge of support tools, technology environments including infrastructure, architecture, telecommunications, network, hardware, protocols, and standards; understand how technology is applied to provide services.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage functional workload and multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively supervise and lead others by consistently demonstrating strong coaching, negotiation, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Ability to develop a team that is highly competent, business-minded, growth-oriented, and motivated; work effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations, or backgrounds; embrace diversity in the workplace and facilitate inclusion.
- Strong Project Management and Program Management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver multiple projects to completion in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to function operationally while assisting with strategic projects and initiatives.
- Exemplary customer service orientation.
- CRM experience/expertise.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to data and technology issues.
- Excellent communication, organizational, facilitation, and analytical skills.
- Innovative and self-motivated, with advanced technical, financial, and budgeting skills.
- Sound and ethical business practices and leadership.
- Ability to work in collaboration with all levels of staff.
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions, work in a collaborative style, and become a sought-out business partner to key stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain discretion and the highest professional standards while working with confidential information.
- Passion for driving results.
- Creative thinker who promotes communication, fosters teamwork across the business unit, and achieves consensus via excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work indiscriminately with various individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field required.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP, or PMP preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in local government or by servicing local government clients by managing IT operations in progressively responsible managerial, supervisory, and administrative roles.
- 5 or more years’ experience working in IT, preferably in an MSP setting.
- Substantial exposure to information technology hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, outsourced/cloud solutions and business analytics and business intelligence.
- 3 or more years in a leadership role with demonstrated management success.
Since 1980 InterDev has been providing professional Information Technology Management Support and Security services for commercial businesses, government entities/municipalities, non-profits, and a variety of organizations across the Southern and Mideastern U.S. In addition to managing and hosting IT operations for our valued clients, we are an industry leader in Geographic Information Services, and Telecom & VoIP platforms. InterDev is a proud Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Barracuda Networks Certified Diamond Partner.
We offer comprehensive benefits which include 401(k) with employer contributions, health, disability, and life insurance. We support our team members’ professional development with company funded continuing education programs, employee incentives, and hands on experience in a wide variety of configurations, systems, and applications environments.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work are generally, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidate must successfully complete background screening and drug screening upon acceptance of position.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Some travel will be required. This includes, but is not limited to, local travel to client sites.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
InterDev LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.