Data Platform Engineer Qualifications
- Implementation experience with BigID (Open to OneTrust, Ketch, Securiti, Varonis Systems)
- Familiarity with security principles, data governance, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to support hybrid onsite in Atlanta, GA (Monday-Thursday)
We are looking for a Data Privacy Platform Engineer, preferably with experience in working on BigID. As a Data Privacy Platform Engineer, your role is to design, implement, and maintain a data privacy platform using the BigID software suite. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Data Governance professionals, Security specialists, Application owners, Enterprise Architects and Compliance officers, to develop and enforce data privacy controls, facilitate compliance with regulations, and protect sensitive information within the organization. You will have the ability to lead, coach and supervise an implementation team and help business partners to stand up a Data Privacy Operations team.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing the Data Privacy solution: You will be responsible for designing and build data privacy solutions tailored to the company's needs on the BigID platform. This involves configuring BigID's data discovery, classification, and data subject rights management capabilities to identify and categorize sensitive data accurately.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance: You will work closely with legal and compliance teams to understand PII related requirements, such as CCPA/CPRA and other US state laws. You will then configure the Data Privacy Enterprise solution to enforce compliance requirements, and work on PII classification and implementation of data subject access requests (DSARs) and consent management.
- Developing data privacy workflows: You will collaborate with Architects, Data Governance professionals, and Business stakeholders to define and implement data privacy. This includes integrating BigID with other systems and tools, such as data lakes (ADLS Gen 2), data warehouses (Redshift, SQL server, Snowflake, Oracle Cloud Datawarehouse) to name a few and to automate privacy controls and streamline data handling processes.
- Conducting data privacy assessments: You will design, implement and be responsible for guiding the team to perform data privacy assessments and audits. You will analyze data discovery results, assess data risk levels, and identify areas of non-compliance or vulnerabilities. Based on the findings, you will provide recommendations and work with relevant data owners of respective applications to remediate any identified issues.
- Providing training and support: You will train end-users and stakeholders on how to effectively use the BigID platform for data privacy management. Additionally, you will provide ongoing support, troubleshoot issues, and assist in resolving any technical challenges related to BigID's implementation and usage.
- Staying updated on BigID features and privacy regulations: You will stay informed about the latest features and enhancements of the BigID platform, ensuring the organization is leveraging its full potential for data privacy management. You will also keep abreast of evolving privacy regulations, guidelines, and best practices to ensure compliance and enhance the organization's data privacy posture.
- Working closely with the BigID support team to resolve issues and implementing recommendations; Collaborating with the BigID customer success manager and product development team to implement custom connectors; work synergistically with vendors while custom connectors are built
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Experience of working with a data privacy tool and implementing it in a project for data privacy management, including data discovery, classification is required; Experience in implementing BigID is a plus. Candidate is expected to be a quick learner and be willing to pick up BigID if there's no prior BigID experience
- General understanding of data privacy regulations and implications of privacy regulations and customer privacy rights on companies
- Familiarity with security principles, access controls, role-based access provisioning
- Experience in data governance, metadata management, compliance, or related fields is required.
- Knowledge of various types of connectors for tools like BigID that harvest metadata; Understanding of various types of data sources- structured, semi-structured and unstructured and its implications to metadata scanning process, performance and functional design of DSAR workflows
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex application interdependency when implementing Privacy solutions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, learn new technologies quickly, and keep up with industry trends.
- Experience in implementing Consent Management and Cookie consents is a plus.
- Knowledge of data protection controls, such as data anonymization, pseudonymization, and encryption, and their implementation using BigID is good to have.