Cybersecurity Analyst (mid-level)
Contract-to-hire (candidates must be able to convert without sponsorship)
Salary & Benefits:
Targeting range of $105-120k conversion salary. Once converted, Competitive benefits including annual bonus, 401k w/ company match, medical, dental, vision, etc.
Cyber Security Analyst (junior to mid-level, individual contributor):
Responsible for investigating, triaging, and prioritizing the analysis of alerts and other indicators. Driving critical incident response actions, and remediating threats. Respond to client end users and verify software configuration changes. Investigate and review security violations, prepare reports and recommend preventive and corrective actions. Have their hands in a little bit of everything, "responsible for keeping the lights on, so to speak."
- 3-5 years experience as a Cybersecurity Analyst / Engineer at an enterprise level.
- Basic experience with Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM) / Vulnerability Management Solutions (VMS), Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR).
- Working knowledge in NIST, CMMC compliance, DFARS, and ITAR/EAR regulations.
- Experience using cyber tools, cyber-SaaS monitoring, IAM platforms, LANs, WANs, VPNs, intrusion detection/prevention systems, SIEMs, data loss prevention software, antivirus/anti-malware products, forensics, and analysis systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based operating systems, Linux, MacOS, networking and technologies (i.e. CISCO, Palo Alto, etc.).
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Personable, professional, easy to work with, team and people oriented. (Will be responding to clients / end users on alerts / indicators.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information security or similar
- US military veteran with security clearance
- Desired Certs: Security+, CASP
- Working knowledge of government regulations (e.g. NIST 800 series publications).
- Able to work PST
Candidate would join a team of 5, (i.e. 2 Analysts, 1 Mgr, 1 Dir in CA, 1 Sr. Engineer in GA) Team will continue growing as they hire additional team members.
- Not required to work on firewalls; another team handles those issues.
- As the team continues to get built-out, role can evolve to be more specific to candidate's desired area of interest (i.e. EDR, TVM, IAM, PAM, etc.).
- Though company moved headquarters from CA to VA, most company employees are located in CA. "Everything revolves around PST." Candidates able to work PST preferred!
- Candidate should be tool-agnostic / open to learning and using new tools