This senior C-level job role will involve you in organizational strategic decision-making, system implementations, and the adoption of new processes and procedures for improving the security and robustness of InterDev’s infrastructure and associated systems.
As Chief Information Security Officer you will be overseeing the teams that are working to identify and safeguard the organization from all known and developing security threats, security weaknesses, software bugs and exploits. You will have overall responsibility for both the staff and management processes that keep our organization secure from the ever-present threats that an insecure and dangerous world creates. You will be ultimately responsible for overseeing InterDev’s current Data, IT and Information Security and any new software or hardware modifications impacting upon overall data security.
- Promote collaborative, empowered working environments across departments, removing barriers and realizing possibilities
- Manage institution-wide information security governance processes, lead InterDev in the establishment of an information security program and project priorities
- Lead information security planning processes to establish an inclusive and comprehensive information security program for the entire organization
- Establish annual and long-range security and compliance goals, define security strategies, metrics, reporting mechanisms and program services
- Create maturity models and a roadmap for continual program improvements
- Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes affecting InterDev or our clients at the municipal and state level
- Engage in professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position
- Mentor the Security team members and implement professional development plans for all members of the team
- Lead efforts to internally assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of the security controls
- Create education and awareness programs and advise operating units at all levels on security issues, best practices, and vulnerabilities
- Keep abreast of security incidents and act as primary control point during significant information security incidents. Convene a Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) as needed, or requested, in addressing and investigating security incidences that arise
- Develop, implement, and administer technical security standards, as well as a suite of security services and tools to address and mitigate security risk
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Four-year degree in, or related to, Information systems or 5 + of experience in IT field
- Advanced degrees preferred
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: CISSP, GCCC, GSEC, Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Diagnostic skills of technical issues
- Advanced proficiency level of support tools, techniques, and how technology is applied to IT services
- Experience in financial forecasting and budget allocation
- Deep thinking analytical mind with the ability to quickly get to the root cause of issues
- Organized, efficient, and able to work unsupervised under your own initiative
- Successful track record of effective coordination, prioritization, collaboration, organization, and project delivery
Since 1980, InterDev has been providing professional Information Technology Management Support and Security services for commercial businesses, government entities/municipalities, non-profits, and a variety of organizations across the Southern and Mideastern U.S. In addition to managing and hosting IT operations for our valued clients, we are an industry leader in Geographic Information Services and Telecom/VoIP platforms. InterDev is a proud Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Barracuda Networks Certified Diamond Partner.
We work hard, embrace high standards in our quality of services model, and take pride as a pacesetter in our industry. Here at InterDev, we care about our associates. We are dedicated to:
- Work/life balance
- Job satisfaction
- Professional development opportunities
- Health & wellness
We offer comprehensive benefits which include 401(k) with employer contributions, health, disability, and life insurance. We support our team members’ professional development with company funded continuing education programs, employee incentives, and hands-on experience in a wide variety of configurations, systems, and application environments.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role works a hybrid schedule and is expected to be on-site no more than 4 days a week. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. There will be prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidate must successfully complete background screening and drug screening upon acceptance of position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
InterDev LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.