Onsite (Sandston, VA) - or could be DC area or RTP (Raleigh) area open to being onsite 2-3 days per week.
DARKSITE _ (limited access/highly confidential) This is a highly sophisticated environment and the resource must be willing to work in highly secure and confidential / classified type environments, where proprietary information is kept confidential.
Storage Engineer primary responsibility will be to ensure that the storage infrastructure is running smoothly within the customer's data center operations environment. They are responsible for monitoring and supporting the existing Pure Storage infrastructure at a customer account. The Resident Storage Engineer must be able to operate with direct supervision from our customers and they must be proactive members of the operations teams.
The individual must be well organized and a self-starter with strong follow-through and problem solving skills. This is an enterprise class position and the candidate must be capable of representing Pure Storage in the context of our customer's operating model.
- Support and daily administration of storage infrastructure.
- Proactively reviewing/auditing and reporting on the customer's storage environment for error conditions and efficiency status.
- Becoming a trusted advisor to the customer and account team.
- Interface with Pure and customer to deeply understand the AI infrastructure layer.
- Stabilize existing storage.
- Develop and implement improvements to make infrastructure more stable, performant, and secure.
- Actively collaborate with partner and customer infrastructure and dev ops team.
- Being a key conduit working with Pure Storage Global Services for support calls.
- The responsibilities of a Storage Engineer will include:
- Ensure Pure Storage products are suitably configured for maximum storage efficiency. This may include such tasks as product upgrades, performance monitoring, and system audit tasks.
- Create and maintain Pure Storage infrastructure best practice documentation for the customer.
- Provide support for operational issues, incidents and defects, responding in a timely manner to triage problems and implement fixes or escalate to Pure Storage Global Support.
- Understanding of Service Operations .
- Support storage related projects for the customer's Engineering Teams and deliver on tasks within the context/use of the following processes as defined by our customers:
- Service Asset and Configuration Management.
- Service Validation and Testing.
- Release Management.
- Assisting with the client's change management process.
- Knowledge Management.
- The Storage Engineer will be expected to be technically proficient in the following areas:
- Linux sysadmin, Ethernet networking, NFS and SMB, Pure Storage FlashArray file services, FlashBlade.
- Full stack infrastructure-aware focus - networking, storage, compute, automation tools, application.
- Strong familiarity to work with DevOps Teams and knowledge of automated practices scripted in bash and Python scripting.
- Assist in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of RESTful services and APIs
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to exchange information with team members, systems administrators, Pure Storage management, and the customer.
- Able to work with a customer's technical representatives under a variety of circumstances to understand their requirements.
- Able to collaborate and share knowledge with Pure Storage technical team members and managers.
- Able to learn quickly and stay focused on the task at hand.
- Maintain composure and professionalism under challenging circumstances.
- Job Requirements:
- Able to accommodate "on call" duties or work after hours if necessary.
- Strong command of ITIL concepts and the ability to operate within an IT Service Management framework.
- Operate against Service Levels and report the associated metrics for Service Levels as required.
- Familiar with ticket management systems and the functions of an IT helpdesk.
- Able to follow strict procedures for implementation, operations and escalations.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.