Role: GA DPH - Senior Systems Administrator (713862)
Location: Decatur, GA. 30033 - (
Either Web Cam or In Person)-(
Duration: Long term
Client: State of Georgia
MUST BE LOCAL TO METRO ATLANTA
Required to work weekend & holidays (rotating between other team members)
Work location: Clairmont Rd, near VA hospital
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for managing customer support requests, respond to monitoring alerts, and proactive system maintenance on DPH systems and networks. Candidates must have a vast knowledge in order to support a wide array of hardware platforms, operating systems, and software packages, as well as support daily AV activities.
Core Responsibilities & Tasks Include But Not Limited To
- Performs daily monitoring tasks of the hardware, operating system software, and systems-related software products and take action as required.
- Support business operations through functional engagement on all IT and IS support issues
- Deliver hands-on technical resolutions for enterprise technology and systems.
- Deliver hands-on support for audio/video for setup sound and video equipment used to conduct share live events.
- Confer with client to confirm production directions and timing.
- Monitor sound and video feeds to ensure quality.
- Maintain inventory of equipment
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications
- Participates in a 24-hour on-call support rotations for emergency support issues and after-hours fixes and upgrades.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work well with others
- Candidates must be able to work as a team member in troubleshooting issues and innovate solutions to solve problems
- Experience with numerous Microsoft administrative applications such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Office 365, DNS, DHCP, IIS, etc.
- Can install and manage Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2017) and/or Oracle 12c
- Can install, manage, and upgrade/migrate Microsoft Server Operating Systems (2008 2016).
- Experience with SAN appliances, such as NetApp
- Experience and knowledge of best practices regarding backup processes using backup appliances, such as Unitrends
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of SQL querying
- Experience with MS SQL server and/or Oracle administration
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle: 2 years (Preferred)
- Linux Server Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- SAN Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- IIS Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- SQL Command: 2 years (Preferred)
- VMware vSphere ESXi: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor of Science in MIS, IS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Windows MCITP/MCSA/MCSE.
- At least 6 years' experience as a systems administrator in an enterprise environment
Thanks & Regards
1333 Corporate Drive, Suite #108
Irving, TX 75038