Global Financial Firm has an immediate contract for an experienced Security Engineer
Remote- EST Time
Rate: $62.96/hr on ***
Contract- 5 Months
The Information Security Engineer's focus is to develop and implement security solutions, which also includes current evaluation as well as keeping track of observance of the needed security guidelines all over the company computing environment. This role may help conduct network and software vulnerability assessments and testing by utilizing reverse engineering techniques. This job learns how to test the current state of the information security architecture and provides improvement recommendations by gathering key insights found from testing and analyzing the current systems and networks. This job also assists with evaluating system security configurations and performing root cause analysis to determine how to provide optimal IT security for the organization.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing operations and engineering support for critical security systems and services including servers, endpoint security, computer forensics, vulnerability/penetration assessment/mitigation, and security event management.
- Assists with executing vulnerability analysis and exploitation of applications, operating systems and networks.
- Designing security models, reviewing and approving security configuration and installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies, and servers.
- Works to identify intrusion or incident path or method through testing and evaluation procedures.
- Overseeing security awareness programs; educating and communicating to staff about information security polices, procedures, and practices.
- Helps design, develop and implement countermeasures, systems integration and tools specific to cyber and information operations.
- Monitoring industry security updates, technologies and best practices to improve security management.
- Learns how to resolve malware and intrusion issues within the system as they occur.
- Participating in the development of hardware/software/network security procedures and guidelines that support information security policies.
- Follows industry security updates, technologies and practices on a continual basis to improve overall security management.
- Helps serve as an internal information security consultant on the standards, complex issues and best practices for the organization.
- Contributes to the testing and analysis of complex software systems to determine both the functionality and intent of the systems.
- Assists with maintaining operational and configuration documentation and creates and maintains diagrams.
- Learns from and works with Cybersecurity Risk and Security Operation teams to enhance the overall security posture of the enterprise.