Contextualize’s cutting edge, cloud-centric family of tools are advancing the state-of-the-art in scientific research, manufacturing, and data security by integrating disparate data resources from researchers, databases, and scientific instrumentation. At Contextualize, we are passionate about advancing knowledge, and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to join our talented team in architecting and building the next generation platform needed to help make the dream of data-driven scientific discovery a reality.
This Cloud Architect position will support design, development, and operation of Contextualize’s data management and analytics platform. The successful applicant should have a Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience. Specific experience in
· API-driven backend cloud architecture and design
· experience developing cloud applications,
· microservice architecture design and integration,
· databases and data infrastructure, and
· user management and authentication in a multi-tenant, multiple resource environment
are strongly preferred, while additional experience in one-or-more of the following:
· high-performance computing (HPC),
· AWS (Lambda, Greengrass, Outpost, Step Functions, etc.),
· MTConnect and IoT Edge Device data collection protocols,
would be particularly valuable to support job responsibilities. An exceptional candidate would also have experience in a complementary scientific discipline and experience in scientific software development.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· design of a modular data management and compute architecture,
· managing and execution of API-driven, customer-facing compute,
· integration with multiple data storage solutions (Google Drive, S3, OneDrive, Dropbox, and SQL, NoSQL DBMS), and
· architecting solutions that are scalable, fast, stable, highly available and secure.
Beyond technical proficiency, Contextualize is looking for someone interested in helping to grow and shape a company in the rapidly evolving field of scientific and manufacturing data management and analysis. The successful candidate should have effective verbal and written communication skills and take ownership of their work, from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
Salary range is $150,000–$175,000. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and, after a two-month probationary period, will be expected to relocate to Atlanta, GA. Exceptional candidates may be offered a leadership role in Contextualize.