BHI (Boulder Heavy Industries) is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our IT team.
BHI is an investment team that incubates advertising, media and e-commerce companies that are disrupting their industries. We provide strategic guidance, and all of the capabilities most start ups can’t afford.
You will help manage end-user support and IT systems for our environment across our internal business units. You’ll have the opportunity to work in multiple disciplines: Systems Administration, IT Management, Helpdesk, and Technical Support. We want someone who isn't satisfied just figuring out how something works, but who is consumed with why things work the way that they do!
The ideal candidate is someone that has a strong foundation in IT ops support and as well as solid systems administration experience and is looking for the next step in their career to potentially mentor/manage others. As a small but mighty team, we wear multiple hats, changing them throughout each day – you need to be a flexible, resourceful TEAM player, and above all else have a customer service approach to everything you do.
A Day in the Life
You will work to troubleshoot and solve every-day IT and systems issues via chat, email, and in person. Here are some specifics on what your days might look like:
· Configure, update and maintain internal servers and networking equipment
· Manage and troubleshoot our company office network, including for tenants
· Manage Firewall management and be able to handle cybersecurity concerns should they arise
· Document internal infrastructure, systems, and processes
· Provide Teir I/II help desk/service desk technical support requests using our ticketing system
· Engage with vendors, interns, and upper management on different days
· Install, maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware, and peripherals
· Assist the IT team with larger IT projects, including migrations and new software rollouts
· Support company employees across all systems with technical issues
If this sounds like you and you seek growth challenge, we want to hear from you!
Here's what you need to get our attention
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer-related field with 3-5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a Helpdesk, Networking, Cybersecurity, IT troubleshooting, and or Systems Administration role
- 3+ year of hands-on experience with network switches, firewalls, and security appliances
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for interaction at all levels, ranging from interns to senior management
Here's what will make us call you for sure
- Strong computer skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex problems
- Familiarity with Windows end-user and server operating systems (primarily Windows 10/11 and Server 2016-2019), MacOS (12.0.1+), and Linux (CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Strong knowledge of computer/network systems infrastructure standards (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, AD)
- Proficiency with Server Virtualization Concepts (VMWare, HyperV, XenCenter, etc) and Office 365 administration (PowerShell admin experience a plus!)
- Exposure to Windows domain environments, office networking, telecommunications, and business
- Ability to learn and communicate technical information at all levels
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology
- Must have excellent documentation and written/oral communication skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to help customers fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience
- Desire to expand skillset and sharing new skills with team members
NOT required but will definitely give you an edge!
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +, Google/Microsoft/Cisco
- Exposure to a scripting language such as Bash or PowerShell
- Work on-site on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and live within 30 minutes of the office
- Readiness to take on a secondary role in helpdesk management and or mentoring helpdesk staff
- Enterprise network experience and a good understanding of legacy systems
And if we haven't convinced you yet, here is why you'll want to be part of our team:
- Inspiring, collaborative & SAFE office option in beautiful Boulder, CO where dogs are welcome!
- Hybrid/remote options available for most positions
- Time off is as important as hard work! Salaried employees are on a flex/unlimited PTO plan and hourly employees receive a standard 15 days of PTO, with increasing accruals the longer they stay with us
- Generous holidays including a reduced schedule between Christmas and New Years
- We make sure our team is well cared for with strong health plans and generous health premium coverage plus free dental and vision for employees.
- Generous supplemental FMLA/Parental leave: self-care and family first!
- 401k match vested day one plus employer-sponsored life insurance
- In-person and virtual connection points for culture building and team members who have your back!
COME AS YOU ARE: your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin color or your big shot uncle don't make a difference here. BHI LLC is a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you're smart and good at what you do, come as you are.
Salary Range- 70k-100k