Client: State of Georgia
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: 07/10/2023
Location: 1749 Clairmont Road Decatur, GA. 30033 (Onsite)
Position Type: Contract
Interview Type: Either Web Cam or In Person
Ceipal ID: SGA_HD862_VH
Requirement ID: GA DPH - Senior Systems Administrator (713862)
State of Georgia - Department of Public Health
Required to work weekend & holidays (rotating between other team members)
Managing customer support requests, respond to monitoring alerts, and proactive system maintenance on DPH systems and networks. Candidates must have a vast knowledge in order to support a wide array of hardware platforms, operating systems, and software.Responsibilities
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for managing customer support requests, respond to monitoring alerts, and proactive system maintenance on DPH systems and networks. Candidates must have a vast knowledge in order to support a wide array of hardware platforms, operating systems, and software packages, as well as support daily AV activities.
Required Skills: -
- Performs daily monitoring tasks of the hardware, operating system software, and systems-related software products and take action as required.
- Support business operations through functional engagement on all IT and IS support issues
- Deliver hands-on technical resolutions for enterprise technology and systems.
- Deliver hands-on support for audio/video for setup sound and video equipment used to conduct share live events.
- Confer with client to confirm production directions and timing.
- Monitor sound and video feeds to ensure quality.
- Maintain inventory of equipment
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications
- Participates in a 24-hour on-call support rotations for emergency support issues and after-hours fixes and upgrades.
V Group Inc.
- Bachelor of Science in MIS, IS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Windows MCITP/MCSA/MCSE. (6 Year)
- Experience as a systems administrator in an enterprise environment. (6 Year)
- Experience with Microsoft administrative applications such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Office 365, DNS, DHCP, IIS, etc. (6 Year)
- Install and manage Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2017) and/or Oracle 12c.(6 Year)
- Install, manage, and upgrade/migrate Microsoft Server Operating Systems (2008 2016). (6 Year)
- Experience with SAN appliances, such as NetApp. (6 Year)
- Experience with MS SQL server and/or Oracle administration (6 Year)
is an IT Services company which supplies IT staffing, project management, and delivery services in software, network, help desk and all IT areas. Our primary focus is the public sector including state and federal contracts. We have multiple awards/ contracts with the following states: AR, CA, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, MD, ME, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, and WA. If you are considering applying for a position with V Group, or in partnering with us on a position, please feel free to contact me for any questions you may have regarding our services and the advantages we can offer you as a consultant.
Please share my contact information with others working in Information Technology.