client is Fedrel Govt - and because it's a government agency the red bold bullets are a requirement for all candidates so they must be okay with this. This is on-site only and USC or GC only. This candidate must be strong with Fortinet.
The candidates must be willing and able to be in our Tysons office 5 days/week. 100% onsite Mon Fri 9-5 in Tysons VA
This is about a year contract and could be renewed.
- Standard run by partner
- Reference Checks
- Client runs fingerprinting.
- Client- Credit- Current credit standards are:
- No past-due/charged off balances over $10,000
- No active bankruptcies
- Must be experienced with Fortinet.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews bachelor's degree in related field is preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience is required that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job functions.
- Strong understanding of Network, Compute, Storage, Cloud and End-User technologies
- Strong understanding of System design and integration with a thorough familiarity with multi-tiered application architecture and public, private, and hybrid cloud technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills desired.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Strong communication, documentation, and time management skills.
Position: Network Security Engineer/ Fortinet Contractor
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and implement security engineering specific activities on enterprise infrastructure security systems, services and applications. This role will be responsible for system design; standards based implementation, capacity planning, systems integration, process / procedure development, refinement, and "hands on"technical support.
- Implement systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis, system design review, installation, integration, and testing.
- Lead the development of product/project requirements and success criteria through collaboration with internal and external customers. Leverage these criteria and integrate business and technical knowledge when designing and developing solutions to deliver optimal, elegant solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements while delivering the best value and user experience.
- Responsible for leading the infrastructure engineering initiatives.
- Responsible for stability, integrity and efficiency of the infrastructure and information systems that support core functions of the business.
- Accountable for providing escalation support to troubleshoot and maintain production infrastructure and to resolve production issues and outages.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
- Maintain proper / edit existing documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of infrastructure solutions.
- Provide technical support for enterprise systems. Troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Install, configure, test and maintain systems, application software and infrastructure tools.
- Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge and have the skills to perform specific projects independently.
- Maintain the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Interact with other engineers and management to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical personnel within and across client departments and vendors.
- Accountable for managing all assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Comply with Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies identified as primary responsibilities including awareness of new or revised solutions and improved processes.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place systems.
- Assist junior and subordinate staff in researching technical problems and complex designs in order to develop staff capabilities.
- Participate in on-call 24x7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
- Architect, design, support, and maintain firewall infrastructure for a highly available and disaster recovery configurations in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of how firewalls work within a routing, switching environment.
- Strong understanding of application network and firewall provisioning.
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting site-to-site VPN tunnels on firewalls.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Fortinet platforms such as Fortimanager, Fortigate, FortiSandbox, Fortianalyzer and Fortiauthenticator.
- Strong understanding of Cisco AnyConnect components.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting TACACS in a multivendor environment.
- Strong understanding of Vmware NSX for microsegmentation
- Strong network security troubleshooting skills, this should include: firewalls, load balancers, proxies, IDS/IPS, VPN client communications, and vendor VPN communications.
- Strong understanding of Mainframe networking a plus.
- Assist project teams with their project architectures and engineer security by design.
- Experience using Scrutinizer to manage network devices and troubleshoot.
- Experience using log analysis tools to troubleshoot issues and to plan for future requirements.
- Understanding of wireless security in an enterprise environment.
- Experience troubleshooting DDoS vendor communications issues.
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Mentor users and other groups on their use of network security solutions
Please share your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org