The Enterprise Risk Management Analyst (“Analyst”) assists the General Counsel (“GC”) to report to senior management and the Board Enterprise Risk Management and Credit Policy Committee in assessing, identifying, mitigating, and monitoring the corporation’s key risks as a means to protecting the long-term safety and soundness of the Company. The Analyst implements the development of the organization’s enterprise risk management program. Will use critical thinking, problem solving, data analysis, and analytical skills to coordinate, improve, and/or lead a wide variety of risk management functions. This includes, but is not limited to senior management and committee reporting, monitoring and reporting for the enterprise risk management program. Coordinate with the GC the adequacy of company insurance coverages and provide monitoring and reporting for model risk management, cybersecurity, and vendor management as well as other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors, senior management, and the GC.
Monitors reports on company risks and risk mitigation efforts as directed by the GC. Utilizes available tools, including third party reviews, to assist in providing proper oversight of key risks.
Partners with key stakeholders to assist to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third-party operations utilizing maturing knowledge. Assists in communicating results of risk assessments to senior management, business process owners, and various levels of leadership. Supports the implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites, and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
Supports processes that focus on enhancing strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks. Applies maturing knowledge to participate in producing analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies. Contributes in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate, and mitigate current and emerging risk events. Assists in the formulation of stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
Represents the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Accountable for adherence to all applicable regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), compliance standards, quality of documentation, as well as timeliness and volume of audit activity. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Horizon Bank’s commitment to the communities we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
- Provide independent oversight of Horizon’s enterprise risk function for all material risks as identified in the Company’s Risk Appetite Statement.
- Collaborate with other business units to develop risk methodologies and processes for monitoring and measuring Horizon’s material enterprise risks.
- Report quarterly to the Board of Directors Enterprise Risk Management and Credit Policy Committee the direction of material risks, current enterprise risk status and emerging risks.
- Review annually with the full Board of Directors, Horizon’s Risk Appetite Statement, risk metrics, direction of material risks and emerging risks.
- Oversee and report periodically to the Board of Director’s Asset Liability and Operations Committee, Horizon’s annual capital and stress testing plan.
- Consult with Branch Administration & Facilities on physical building security including alarm response, fire/robbery drills, opening procedures, lighting regulations, employee and customer access.
- Communicate with regulatory authorities on Horizon’s compliance with its enterprise risk management program and mitigation of said risks.
- Maintain insurance coverage as required by the Board, Senior Management and regulators and reviews annually with the Board Horizon’s insurance coverages compared with peers.
- Provide oversight of the vendor management function, including risk assessment of vendors and maintenance of required documentation.
- Provide oversight of the activities of the Information Security Director.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective model risk management program is in place.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business, finance or related field or 4+ years of related experience, including preparatory experience.
- Or, advanced degree/designation in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other subject area relevant to risk management and 2 years of work experience in a field relevant to risk management.
- Knowledge of risk management principles, tools and applicable systems. Risk management experience related to banking, insurance and/or financial services.
- Ability to anticipate and assess emerging material risks.Exceptional organization, time management and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good presentation skills, including ability to present differing opinions.
- Strong analytical skills, including a solid understanding of bank financial statements.
- Ability to motivate or influence others.
- Obtain cooperation and agreement on important outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines and industry standards as they relate to bank loan and deposit accounts.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment.
- Ability to clearly deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Ability to calmly and professionally deal with varying personalities from diverse cultures at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines, requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and fast pace.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must have proficient typing and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must exercise the highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Horizon Bank is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and a Disability | Female | Veteran Employer.