N3bula Systems is seeking a Platform Engineer to provide automation for the following system components: Network, Infrastructure, and Platform. The candidate will support development of automation processes using Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, among others for remote or local deployments. The candidate will also be responsible for managing and configuring the RKE2 Rancher environment, as well as potentially assisting developers in converting to a Helm deployment via GitLab CI/CD.
The Platform Engineer will function in a small team environment consisting of Platform Engineers, supporting cybersecurity, software developers, and architecture engineers as part of the development of a cloud infrastructure development project.
- Oversight of Puppet / SIMP security environment
- Create, configure, and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Automating cloud infrastructure with scripting and code, including but not limited to:
- Composing and leveraging code to define and automate cloud infrastructure (e.g.: AWS CloudFormation templates, Terraform, Ansible, AWS CDK, etc.) to ensure repeatable, sustainable AWS infrastructure.
- infrastructure and application deployment and testing, and documenting development, pre-production, and production environments
- Creating cloud-native CI/CD workflows with tools such as Gitlab, etc.
- Implement, and measure operational strategies to improve site reliability and availability.
- Remediate all security vulnerabilities pertaining to products managed by the team.
- Support software releases using established automated procedures.
- Automate repeatable and frequent operational processes and procedures.
- Improve and document operational and troubleshooting procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and training to other team members.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties or responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The ideal candidate should enjoy a challenging, fast paced environment with a focus on quality, operational excellence, and industry leading innovation. Additionally, the ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work in a team environment and contribute as an individual. The candidate should be results driven, a self-starter, and effective at prioritization.
Must be a US Citizen
DoD 8570 Compliant
- 6+ years’ experience in Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Puppet/SIMP/Ansible
- Experience with Grafana
- Experience with Loki
- Database management: MySQL, Postgresql
- DoD DevSecOps and Agile principles
- Candidate should have experience using the following software/tools:
- Git, Bitbucket
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an engineering field
- Willingness to participate in a pair-programming work environment
- Experience with DevOps tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Experience with Kubernetes environments
- Foundational understanding of networking concepts (Firewall, WiFi and VPN setup)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or related, relevant field)
- DoD 8570 Compliant
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- 6% 401K Safe Harbor
- 100% Employer covered Platinum health insurance premiums
- 100% Employer covered dental insurance premiums
- 100% Employer covered vision insurance premiums
- 11 paid holidays
- Company provided laptop
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay For Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $90,000 - $125,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Why N3bula Systems: N3bula Systems is founded on producing innovative solutions to difficult problems in a secure and sustainable manner for deployment within DoD spaces. We use state of the art Technology and Automation to enable us to manage large environments with minimal manpower. We are looking for individuals with a won’t stop until the job is done attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Linux: 10 years (Preferred)
- Platform Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote