Summary Of Position
The AWS Cloud Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the company’s cloud and onsite data center environments and security infrastructure. This position will work closely with the infrastructure and security team and managed service partners to design, deploy, and maintain a compliant, secure, and stable corporate environment for all managed systems. This position will also provide support for escalated technical issues from within the Information Technology department and support end users when necessary. This position is required to work onsite with the opportunity for hybrid work.
As with all positions within the Information Technology group, this role will provide full support ensuring readiness and successful operations within CAT events for the company.Essential Job Functions
Leadership / Coaching
- Design, implement and maintain AWS cloud environment and topologies.
- Design, implement and maintain cloud security and monitoring solutions.
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code
- Collaborate with IT team to administer and troubleshoot issues related to the following services but not limited to: Cloud and Data Center environments, Security Appliances/Solutions, SDWAN, Corporate Network, VoIP, and Microsoft 365.
- Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to, Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management and Continuous Integration
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and DevOps design
- Monitor performance in corporate environment and remediate issues.
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies.
- Mentor and train other team members in design techniques and coding standards.
- As a member of the Disaster Recovery Team, execute DR Plan (DRP) as needed.
- As a member of the CSIRT, execute the Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan (IRP) as needed.
- Leads teams on systems initiatives, ensuring compliance with established best practices and processes.
- May provide coaching and training to peers.
- Provides input on best practices, and procedure / process documentation, for assigned areas of responsibility.
- May provide training or documentation of new functionality to SFI business areas.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, or related technical field required.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years of AWS Cloud Experience
- 2+ years of Cybersecurity experience
- NIST Framework experience is preferred
- Microsoft Windows Server administration experience required
- At least 2 year experience with AWS DevOps tools, technologies and APIs associated with IAM, CloudFormation, AMIs, SNS, EC2, EBS, ECS, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, Route 52, and Security Groups
- Experience working with Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, and Docker required
- Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting Cloud Security Controls and Cloud Network Controls
- Experience with Automation Scripting Tools
- Experience with building out new automations using tools and scripts to improve efficiencies on repetitive tasks
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to distill system configuration data into concrete findings.
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Works well alone or on a team
- Presents a professional and helpful appearance
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
Company Benefits Include
- Customer Focus
- Motivating Others
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Managerial Courage
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement plan with a 5% employer match
- paid vacation and holidays
- Bi-weekly pay schedule
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Approval of remote work, either part time or full time, is based on factors designated by management, individual performance and nature of duties being performed. All remote work privileges may be modified or cancelled based on these factors.
Our company is a drug-free workplace, and all candidates which are offered a position will be required to submit to pre-employment drug screening. Refusal to submit to drug screening will result in retraction of offer.