At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
- Attractive Relocation Assistance and Bonus Programs for qualifying positions and/or locations
- Competitive pay, including shift premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonuses, and Bi-Annual Incentive Bonuses
- Individual and family plans for health, dental, & vision insurance, including a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person - mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent work-life balance with a 'family-first' culture
- Safety and cold weather gear reimbursements
- Discounted home and auto insurance
This position will administer and oversee network design, implementation, and troubleshooting; develops and writes procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of network design and implementation; apply knowledge of network software and hardware to resolve user issues; communicate technical issues with team members to research and implement solutions; coordinate priorities with team members to ensure that the issues with highest priority are completed first and that all team members are kept up to date on the status of any particular issue through the frequent use of the Help Desk trouble ticketing system; escalate complex or high impact issues/events to other team members or support groups in a timely and appropriate manner; maintains a good working relationship with the network support team members to ensure that impacts of changes to the network are clearly understood; communicate all changes to appropriate IT management; keeps skills in relevant technologies up to date and takes steps to constantly improve those skills.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE:
- Exchange 2007/2010 expert with respect to disaster recovery, routing, administration, security and operations.
- Full understanding of public folder scheduling and replication.
- Experience in the use of monitoring software applications and thorough understanding of capacity management.
- Very strong knowledge SMTP.
- Deploy hardware - Servers, Network Appliance, Switches, Routers, etc.; apply software updates.
- Ability to track a large number of issues concurrently and clearly communicate their status.
- Provide guidance to forecast future network hardware and software needs
- Keep accurate records and diagrams of all WAN/LAN hardware, software, and communication, user information and passwords.
- Travel locally to support branch offices.
- Complete assigned systems projects and implementations (including hardware installations) on schedule and within budget.
- Provide technical support and guidance to users and helpdesk personnel for assigned systems.
- Assist in designing new systems implementations to meet business needs.
- Must be available for off-hour emergency calls and consultations.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 1 to 3 years experience as Network Administrator.
- Extensive knowledge of networking technologies, including TCP/IP, SMB, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, LDAP, RADIUS, DHCP, vLAN, VPNs etc.
- Skills in security, anti-virus methodologies, Linux, and Windows Server.
- Familiarity with storage and storage networking technologies, including NTFS, DFS, SAN, and NAS.
- Experienced in hardware and software change management, installation and technical support for servers and network equipment.
- Solid communication, listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and the ability to multi-task.
- Familiarity with Disaster Recovery planning and execution.
- MCP/MCSE and Other network certification a plus.
- Strong team player, demonstrated ability to self-motivate, ability to teach and explain ideas and concepts to co-workers and customers with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and set priorities with changing business needs and customer requirements.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
At POET we believe in developing our team members to their highest potential and recognizing contributions that add value to the organization. Each new team member’s position and compensation are carefully determined by considering their unique qualifications and skillset.
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s our code.
- This position is largely self-directed and requires understanding of company policy, procedures, and values.
- Team members will be required to adhere to all safety requirements in all work environments.
- This position operates in an office environment.
- Specific physical requirements may include:
- Sitting for approximately 90% of the time while working on a personal computer.
- Occasionally lifting weights of fifty (50) pounds or less.