PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best.Security Operations Center Analyst
The selected candidate will work remotely from the state of Iowa. This position is 3rd shift.
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the role of SOC Analyst. The purpose of this position is to provide tier two triage for information technology issues and information security incidents. As a tier two information security incident handler, this position will be responsible for information security incidents for the entirety of their lifecycle.
Serve as the primary incident owner for the Security Operations Center. Lead efforts related to the incident handling processes such as incident discovery, analysis and verification, incident tracking, containment and recovery, incident response coordination, escalation, and notification. Lead efforts in coordinating with other teams to remediate detected incidents. Communicate intelligence to key personnel. Candidate Requirements:
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), CompTIA Security+ (Security+ CE), CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+) or other information security certifications.
- Strong understanding of security technologies and strategies, including but not limited to firewall, IDS, policy management, security processes/best-practice, logging/monitoring, antivirus, vulnerability assessment, patch management, and incident response.
- Solid knowledge of common and emerging attack vectors, penetration methods and countermeasures.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution and incident escalation.
- Ability to work effectively with customers to solve business challenges while balancing the need for confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations which require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, convey both oral and written instruction, and handle multiple task interruptions while providing services in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proven ability to work with diverse audiences and translate technical information into non-technical information.
- Must be an individual of high integrity and be a model of unwavering integrity to others.
- Commitment to fostering a diverse working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a team of peers, and to support and contribute to a multidisciplinary team environment.