The Security Analyst I plays a critical role in providing InterDev’s customers with the highest level of system and information security to reduce the client’s overall cyber risk. They help to safeguard an organization’s computer networks and systems. They implement and monitor security solutions and measures to protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attack. The Security Analyst will work as part of a larger team in a coordinated effort to ensure that paid security services and projects are delivered according to applicable agreements and timelines, always adhering to the best security interest of the client. This position reports directly to the CISO.
We have a compassionate and fun-loving culture and seek employees who thrive under those conditions and promote those values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of Security Plans, Policies, and Procedures
- Implement Protections and Perform Ongoing Maintenance
- Find and Validate Vulnerabilities
- Monitor Client Environments
- Provide appropriate and timely internal and client notifications; proactively take the necessary actions to contain and remediate issues and threats
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
- Work through project tickets in ConnectWise as assigned
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Continue to promote the InterDev brand by improving customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Maintain an awareness of the customer’s business, and how security relates to their needs
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the security service catalog
- Perform additional tasks from time to time as assigned by the CISO
- Demonstrated experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, multi-factor authentication, and content filtering
- Knowledge and experience with vulnerability assessment tools and methods
- Knowledge of disaster recovery general best practices
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- Knowledge of vulnerability testing
- Knowledge of penetration testing
- Basic Scripting
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Understanding of client/server communications inside and outside the network boundary
- Experience in administering Microsoft Windows Domains as well as Office 365 and Exchange Online Environments
- Experience in patch management
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read, understand and use the results of security logs from various security platforms such as firewalls and endpoint security tools.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work priorities while managing expectations and completing tasks in a delivery/service-driven environment
- Ability to work indiscriminately with various individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1-3 Years of professional experience working in a role with security responsibilities
- Foundational Networking and Security Certifications such as CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+
- Two-year degree in a related field preferred
Since 1980, InterDev has been providing professional Information Technology Management Support and Security services for commercial businesses, government entities/municipalities, non-profits, and a variety of organizations across the Southern and Mideastern U.S. In addition to managing and hosting IT operations for our valued clients, we are an industry leader in Geographic Information Services and Telecom/VoIP platforms. InterDev is a proud Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Barracuda Networks Certified Diamond Partner.
We work hard, embrace high standards in our quality of services model, and take pride as a pacesetter in our industry. Here at InterDev, we care about our associates. We are dedicated to:
- Work/life balance
- Job satisfaction
- Professional development opportunities
- Health & wellness
We offer comprehensive benefits which include 401(k) with employer contributions, health, disability, and life insurance. We support our team members’ professional development with company funded continuing education programs, employee incentives, and hands-on experience in a wide variety of configurations, systems, and application environments.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role works a hybrid schedule and is expected to be on-site no more than 2 days a week. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. There will be prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidate must successfully complete background screening and drug screening upon acceptance of position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
InterDev LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.