Title: DOES- Security Fraud SME Senior
Engagement Type: Contract and W2
Orgro is a people-focused service organization creating & delivering solutions in technology, finance, operations, and human relations that help our clients grow to meet their unmet needs.
The Security Fraud SME will be the primary point of contact for UI Fraud Risk Operations. The candidate will provide support for the development and documentation of creative fraud prevention strategies that optimize the team's ability to detect and prevent fraud on the UI systems. The candidate works with Risk Policy, Product/Program Managers, Data Analysts, and Engineers to evaluate fraud risk on the UI system. You will oversee system tool enhancements to maintain the productivity and efficiency of risk strategies. This role will report to the OIT and UI leadership but support all operation leads, as directed.
This position will require experience in risk assessment, technological sophistication, and data mining techniques which will be critical to success. It will also require a strong analytical orientation and an understanding of fraud types and vectors, unemployment insurance products, and familiarity with operational processes that support plans for both existing and new system features. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of UI and PFL level risk management principles. The primary purpose of this position is to review suspicious transactions generated by fraud detection systems, analyze such transactions and behavior patterns, and make sound judgements and decisions on the alerts in accordance with the operating guidelines and procedures to prevent and minimize fraud losses. The incumbent in this position is also expected to validate/verify transactions in detecting fraud, handling authorization referrals and quick decision-making capabilities while providing outstanding service in the process. Review suspicious transactions generated by fraud detection systems, analyze such transactions and behavior patterns, and make sound judgements and decisions on the alerts in accordance with the operating guidelines and procedures to prevent fraud.
· Data Science Analytics and Reporting
· Performs data analysis and applies SME level data science techniques to identify suspicious behavior trends, outliers, anomalies, and other issues that represent fraud risk
· Performs ad-hoc investigative and statistical analytics to facilitate risk investigations and assists external stakeholders in their investigation of risk events
· Perform link analysis of known patterns of fraud and anomalies where known patterns are violated to uncover new fraud patterns
· Prepares and develops daily, weekly, and monthly reports
· Risk and fraud detection models
· Review suspicious transactions generated by fraud detection systems, the analyst must be highly sensitive to abnormal /fraudulent transactions to minimize loss at the earliest stage and be alert to the new emerging fraud trends/patterns.
· Detects and defines fraud trends through quantitative data analysis and provides direction on solutions to deter fraud attacks and communicates those trends to designated lead
· Applies expertise in designated regional or country fraud detection models to provide the greatest efficiency and effectiveness
· Validates and optimizes the fraud risk model
· Ensures fraud detection methods offered comply with industry security regulations and consumer privacy laws as they relate to the agency’s operations
· Oversees user access to fraud prevention systems for designated regional or country fraud prevention
· Monitoring operations and industry trends
· Monitors operations for PCI and cybersecurity compliance
· Immediate familiarity of industry trends in any fraud prevention related areas, including new fraud patterns, services, detection tools or any new technology
· Provide guidance and direction on system declined suspected fraud transactions, and customer reported fraud tracker data regularly and propose adjustments to the risk model
· Projects and Process Improvement
· Gives guidance on new procedures for manual review and fraud analysis based on current trends
· Lead development and implementation of effective fraud avoidance, detection, and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience.
· Lends insight on methods for screening system approved orders against fraud
· Data reporting analyst jobs require some coding and mathematics, and candidates should have Expertise in SQL scripting, SSRS, SSIS, ETL, PowerBi, Tableau, and other reporting tools.
· Four-year college degree emphasizing Data Science, Industrial Engineering, or Statistics.
· Preferred Certifications: CFE
· Ability to interpret data and organize information
· Proficiency in MS Windows especially on Excel
· Excellent Analytical skills with an ability to detect unusual patterns from large data
· Highly alert, sensitive, logical and ability to exercise good common sense
· Disciplined, vigilant and watchful on upcoming fraud trends
· Proactive, able to work independently and a good team-player
· Interpersonal and relationship skills, to work effectively within the team and across the country operations teams.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to talk to customers from diverse cultural background.
· Self-motivated, pro-active with a proven ability to work independently and willingness to stretch in case of emergencies.
· Results driven with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
· Understanding dynamics of fraud to be able to detect and reduce Fraud Losses effectively.
· Has the desire and willingness to learn new tasks
In addition to technical skills, the incumbent should display excellent communication skills. "The ability to communicate with business teams, end-users, and executives are vital to the job," said Ngo. "Often, a data reporting analyst is working directly with business teams to understand reporting requirements."