What The Company Does
Configure Racks for physical Data Centers and have them ready for install
About The Team
5/6 associate Engineers
5/6 System Engineers
Must Have Skillsets
Extremly profecient in Linux and installing various flavors onto actual servers - Deployment on physical hardware, understanding RAID and configure bios,
Using Ubuntu and Firmware, configuring racks
Proficient in Shell Scripting/Bash/python
Proficient in Networking (Cisco Switches)
Include but not limited to:
- Install, configure, validate, and troubleshoot data center hardware, software, and systems
- Maintain internal infrastructure, network, and automation environment by debugging and troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Write and maintain custom scripts to automate tasks including configuration and hardware verification in order to increase efficiency and remove human error
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and help improve the design of automation, information, and operational support systems
- Quickly and efficiently respond to error messages received and identify and troubleshoot the hardware and/or software issues
- Collaborate with internal Project Management and Quality Control teams in order to determine integration requirements, expectations, and timelines
- Collaborate with team to streamline builds and create a fluid environment so that each team member can pick up the project where another has left off
- Recognize build problems and escalate issues to the Systems Engineer Lead
- Must be reliable and dependable and see tasks through to completion
- Bachelor's Degree in technology related discipline or relevant work experience required
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting servers, switches, routers, firewalls, and other datacenter appliances.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux/Windows Server/ESXi environments
- Minimum 2 years of infrastructure and network monitoring/management system
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with large scale IT projects related to deployment and configuration.
- Experience with scripting (e.g., Python, shell scripts, Perl)
- Minimum 1 years of experience leading technical projects
- Minimum 1 years of customer facing experience
- Minimum 1 years of experience troubleshooting advanced hardware and software issues
- Motivated, disciplined, and able to produce quality results under pressure.
- Networking skills, OSI network layers, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Routing
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work individually without much direction while also working as part of a team
- Ability to recognize knowledge gaps and consult others instead of moving forward without expertise.
- Ability to multitask while retaining strong attention to detail and produce quality results
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to articulate ideas succinctly.
- Scripting skills (e.g., Python, shell scripts)
- Ability to obtain certifications as needed
- Share knowledge with other team members and hand off tasks to techs when necessary
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (xCAT, Ansible, Cobbler, Chef, etc.)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience and capable operating in CLI-based environments.
- Experience with modern data center technologies and concepts.
- Certifications in technology related disciplines such as Networking (CCNA, CCNP) or Server Infrastructure (MCSE) is desired but not mandatory.
- Extended hours are required to complete some special projects
- Position requires the ability to move or lift up to 50lbs
- The estimated annual pay range for this position is open Based on Experience which includes a base salary and bonus or C2H but must be a US Citizen or GC holder as this is a FTE role and not pure contract. The compensation for this position is dependent on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location and, therefore, will vary from individual to individual. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending.