YipitData is the leading market research and analytics firm for the disruptive economy. We analyze billions of alternative data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments and more. Our on-demand insights team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
For three years and counting, we have been recognized as one of Inc’s Best Workplaces
. We are a fast-growing technology company backed by The Carlyle Group and Norwest Venture Partners. Our offices are located in NYC, Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, Seattle, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, and Singapore. We cultivate a people-centric culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.Why You Should Apply NOW:
About The Role:
- We’re rapidly expanding our products and the need for this role is high.
- It’s an opportunity to deliver massive impact in an area that is integral to our company.
- You’ll be a part of our growing Information Security Team and work closely with partners in Legal and Product teams.
We are seeking a Data Security Manager (official title: "Data Security Engineer") to join our small but growing team of data security and privacy professionals. You will be responsible for building security and privacy protection into our end-to-end data flows and feeds, with a focus on data governance and compliance. This role will report to our Chief Information Security Officer.
In this role, you will support highly performant and reliable data pipelines, and ensure that the right security, privacy and compliance protections are in place for these pipelines. We process high volumes of 1st and 3rd party datasets that fuel all of our data products.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with 4-6 years of experience. You will help build and scale the technical protection measures we apply to our data pipelines, ensuring that we properly secure our most sensitive data. In this role, you’ll leverage and build upon skills at the intersection of security, data engineering and product management work.This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), one of our office hubs (Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, or Seattle), or anywhere else in the US.
However, depending upon where the remote work is performed, income could be subject to New York State tax withholding. Please note that we pay NYC-based salaries for US roles regardless of where employees choose to work.In This Role, You’ll Gain Experience In:
As Our Data Security Engineer, You Will:
- Enhancing privacy, security and compliance controls across our data products.
- Being the primary owner of high-impact work to identify and resolve data security weaknesses in our pipelines.
- Big data analysis skills, with mastery gained in Python, SQL, Pyspark, Databricks, and other leading big data analysis tools.
- Cross-functional collaboration, working with key stakeholders in Security, Engineering, Legal and Product teams, to provide high-quality products to our customers.
- Becoming a trusted resource for our internal stakeholders.
On a given day, you might:
- Work with stakeholders across Engineering, Legal and Product teams to manage and support security and privacy protections within different internal data pipelines.
- Identify and implement best practices for protecting sensitive data, such as Personally-Identifiable Information, within our data lake and end-to-end pipelines.
- Build tooling to support security, privacy and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate within the Security Team and with Legal, Engineering and Product to come up with the best solutions for securing data within our pipelines.
- Sharing knowledge, best practices and training for data pipeline security and privacy.
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- Work with stakeholders to filter sensitive information from a data pipeline.
- Create guidance and documentation for how to identify and filter certain types of sensitive data.
- Review and analyze our datasets to identify risky data and escalate issues to the product and engineering teams.
- Work on code that can be used by other team members to filter sensitive data.
- Work with other team members to implement security and privacy compliance measures and controls.
- Build out a data inventory, tagging infrastructure and access control system for company data.
What We Offer:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, STEM or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer, Security Engineer, Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- You understand what it means to protect sensitive information within a large-scale data system
- You have a good understanding of how to build and manage a data pipeline
- You are comfortable working with large-scale datasets using PySpark or Pandas
- You are a self-starter who enjoys working collaboratively with stakeholders
- You are methodical problem solver; you are excited about solving data challenges and learning new skills
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are comfortable working with technologies including AWS (S3, CloudFormation), Databricks, Snowflake, Python, PySpark, Spark, SQL, Regex, Git
Our compensation package includes comprehensive benefits, perks, and a competitive salary:
This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States.
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, flexible vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- The annual base salary for this position is anticipated to be $140K ~ $150K. The final offer may be determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal team benchmarks. The final offer may include a bonus.
- The compensation package also includes equity.
Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. We also have office hubs in Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, and Seattle. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income may be subject to New York State tax withholding.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice