Are you passionate about the changing threat landscape, love the challenge of understanding how the latest malware works, and can evangelize the risks and issues across a broad organization? Are you looking for a challenging leadership position that will allow you to shape the future of security across the internet? Do you thrive on working with a close-knit, highly-motivated team?
Come join Lancope’s threat intelligence team to help protect Lancope’s customers against cyber-attacks. The successful candidate will join a global team of senior security analysts focusing on the changing threat landscape and effect on Lancope’s customers. This position requires a professional with a strong security software and threat analysis background that is capable of identifying and establishing the relationships and processes within and external to Lancope to build an investigative threat research structure and flow. The team will source data across Lancope, i.e. internal product and traffic monitoring groups, as well as through external partner and qualified third-party relationships.
Lancope is looking for a full time Information Security Analyst for Lancope's Threat Intelligence Team. Analysts in this role will have experience in threat research and a desire to own innovative ideas from invention, through proof-of-concept, and to deployment.Primary Responsibilities
Education And Experience
- Conduct literature reviews and keep abreast of state of the hack, data sources, data analysis techniques and big data
- Invent and/or apply new techniques to telemetry data on a global scale and identify new security threats
- Develop and document proofs-of-concept (POCs) to demonstrate the efficacy, performance, and scalability of new techniques
- Publish and present research findings, including methodology and measured efficacy improvements
- Help guide the development by working with product teams
- Partner to turn successful POCs into product features and actionable intelligence.
The ideal candidate for this role brings considerable experience, motivation, and organization along with both intense curiosity and desire to make an impact in internet security. Researchers in this role enjoy considerable latitude and work hands-on to complete all phases of applied research. The successful applicant will have demonstrable skills in some of the below areas:
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Network administration, System administration (Windows or Unix)
- IT security with a focus on computer forensics, incident response, malicious code/exploits, anti-virus, etc.
- Knowledge of the current security threat landscape, especially network and web-based threats
- Familiar with Windows exploits, malware and malicious code trends
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and application in securing systems, investigating security incidents
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, software engineering
- Knowledge of one or more programming/scripting languages
- Web application and script development
- Log and data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and highly ambitious
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
- Incident response experience a definitive plus