For nearly three decades, Wilson Language Training® (WLT) has been dedicated to “Literacy for All.” We empower individual educators, schools, and districts to achieve literacy with all students in their care.
WLT started with the education of teachers who were working with individuals with dyslexia. Now, in addition to our school- and district-level in-service work, the Wilson certification models are embedded into several universities’ reading or special education graduate degree programs so that teachers are better prepared to teach the most challenged readers.
Whether educators work with us in their schools/districts or at a university, our goal is the same: to give them a high-level of knowledge and skill with teaching reading and writing to all of their students.
Our company is growing and actively looking to hire a Site Reliability (Cloud) Engineer to our team.
Currently seeking an experienced SRE to join our growing team. This position is responsible for developing and managing all cloud computing platforms such as Azure and AWS. Primarily focuses on the provisioning, configuration, deployment, and monitoring of services. Responsible for automation, configuration as code, metric-based decision making, site reliability and continuous improvement. Promotes communication, understanding and a knowledge sharing culture.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage post incident Root Cause Analysis of infrastructure with a focus on preventing recurrence.
- Support CI/CD pipeline, infrastructure, automation, and process improvement activities
- Deploy and manage infrastructure using Microsoft automation technologies such as ARM templates, PowerShell, and Azure CLI.
- Deploy and configure infrastructure using tools and services such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and/or Terraform.
- Provide system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Seek opportunities and implements solutions to improve site reliability (reducing Mean Time to Diagnosis, Mean Time to Resolution, System Self-healing, etc.)
- Create and maintain systems and infrastructure documentation.
- Collaborate with developers and managers to bring new designs and solutions from concept to production.
- Configuration and management of logging, monitoring and application performance tooling
- Provide technical guidance and training to junior team members.
- Build tools and processes to monitor high-availability systems.
- Continuously improve and learn, take on varying projects and consistently evaluate new technology.
- Contributes to security processes, policies and promotes security practices in all aspects of the work.
- Manages the Disaster Recovery plan for all critical cloud systems and performs quarterly testing of Disaster Recovery plan.
- Occasionally provides backup and mentorship to systems administrators for on premise. infrastructure, identifies and contributes to systems changes to maintain high availability and security.
- Respond to off-hours technical alerts and events in on-call rotation.
- Understand and display WLT’s values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience designing, supporting and deploying highly available distributed applications.
- Experience architecting solutions on cloud vendor platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of Agile or LEAN principals.
- Advanced knowledge of end to end service monitoring and alerting such as Datadog, Spluk, New Relic, PagerDuty, etc.
- Strong proficiency in CI/CD pipeline tools such as Azure DevOps, CircleCI, or GitLab.
- Exprerience with application testing methodologies. Unit, Integration, E2E.
- Experience with code analysis tools such as Sonarqube, Snyk, Veracode etc.
- Familiarity with security anyalyis, remediation and tooling a must. Snyk, OWASP etc.
- Ability to take measured, methodical, troubleshooting of complex systems under pressure.
- Proactive approach to identifying problems, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
- Knowlageble in DevSecOps best practices.
- Ability to interact with API’s to retrieve data, write data, make configuration changes, or for alerting.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux hosting platforms.
- Experience with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes preferred.
- Less than 5% travel is expected.
Education or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in the Information Technology field required.
- 2-3 years of experience primary focused in, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering required.
- 2-3 years’ experience Coding (such as Bash, Python, Java, NodeJS, Angular, PowerShell, etc.) required.
Wilson Language Training is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V