BASIC PURPOSE/SCOPE OF POSITION
- Lead IT strategic, operational planning and implementation to achieve business, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems.
- Epicor/P21 experience required
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, manage IT Budgets and productivity levels.
- Define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices, working closely with management to help maintain compliance on all IT infrastructure and applications as needed.
- Plan and coordinate IT-related activities provide direction and support for daily and mission-critical operations of the IT department.
- Performs Project Management and participates on project teams responsible for system hardware and application software implementation and upgrades, determines project scope and resources required to complete projects, prepares project work plans and timelines. Monitors project milestones and reports project progress to management. Works closely with internal stake holders, business partners and contacts from other business (if required) to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with relevant Site and IT stakeholders to define
- Monitor emerging technology developments and identify innovations with potential high payoffs for the System.
- Align computer and/or voice systems technologies to compliment and support System business/strategic plans.
- Make recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to System cost savings and/or productivity improvements.
- Provide for efficient computer and/or voice system operation, including total throughput, CPU use, peripheral operation, and application performance statistics.
- Establish system management criteria. Develop, maintain, and monitor procedures and policies.
- Establish parameters for development Team Members; including temporary workspace, test files, etc..
- Provide for efficient P21 operations, including total input/output analysis and performance statistics.
- Establish database management criteria including transaction logging, backups, restore and recover, and disaster recovery.
- Coordinate software upgrades with software vendors and Associates as necessary.
- Coordinate capacity, planning and analyze information concerning:
- Monitor system device capacities and status.
- Coordinate and control system tuning and hardware tuning and hardware integration.
- Develop computer and/or voice usage policies and standards as required.
- Monitor compliance with policies and regularly report results to CFO.
- Issue technical bulletins to inform users of system changes.
- Recommend changes for improved system operation.
- Specify physical requirements for computer and/or voice equipment.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of computer and voice equipment for monitoring electrical power kilovolt ampere use, BTU air conditioning loads, and floor loading.
- Provide CFO with regular reports detailing computer and/or voice system service levels, maintenance, turnaround, and response times.
- Analyze computer and/or voice system malfunctions, including the number and type of re-starts, processing delays and errors, and other evidence of unsatisfactory or unusual conditions.
- Develop action plans to address unsatisfactory occurrences.
- Manage technical Performance Improvement programs, stressing quality control of service to Associates.
- Evaluate and manage service contracts for computer and/or voice systems, including recommendations for renewals and cancellations.
- Ensure data/system security by protecting the corporate Information Technologies from unauthorized access, use, or interruption:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a security program for the protection of systems hardware, software, and data. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines to direct and carry out the objectives established by the security program.
- Research and recommend security measures to be included in the installation of new systems of application programs.
- Monitor and evaluate data security implemented in the System; work to reduce all risks to corporate computer resources, and investigate security breaches.
- Test the operation of all security measures and report results to the CFO.
- Ensure that the security program provides the necessary safeguards for good business practice and that it meets; all corporate and government regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the development of a comprehensive disaster recovery plan, maintain the plan, and conduct periodic testing.
- Inform CFO of the status of system management issues.
- Ensures that expenses incurred for personal computers and networking do not exceed budgetary limits and that items purchased are valid.
- Maintain Corporate WebPages and email hosting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for 150 personal computers, 10 to 15 printers and peripherals, network server room, numerous software packages and the daily operation of all networks. Responsible for monitoring and proper expenditures of budgetary expenses and capital expenditures.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and two to three years progressively responsible computer operations and networking management experience supporting Linux and Windows Knowledge of computer maintenance, software support, network design, cabling, communications and hardware selections and installation. Backup Exec, Vmware , Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft server 2012/2022, Asterisk telephone systems and Red Hat Linux. Cisco Wireless, PfSense firewalls, MS SQL, EDI, Office 365, Cloud technologies.
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking the appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Investigate and follow through on unusual orders or requests for service or information.
- Demonstrate ability to identify problems and work creatively to resolve them, considering the impact of actions on other departments and Associates.
- Demonstrate ability to respond in a flexible manner and to reprioritize work as situations change.
- Demonstrate initiative to learn new skills or expand job roles.
- Complete work within established time frames.
- Evaluate work and move ahead if further steps "above and beyond" should be taken.
Continue to develop leadership/professional qualifications through continuing education, further schooling, and technical/professional reading.
- Will be responsible for System Administrator and IT CO-OP performance management and delegating of daily assigned tasks. Will be responsible for co-op reviews for internal and external use.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person