Autonomize, Inc is seeking a highly motivated, driven Head of Engineering to join our team on a journey to help healthcare organizations unlock dark data.
Autonomize is on a mission to help organizations make sense of the world's data. We help healthcare organizations harness the full potential of data to impact human health outcomes. Unstructured dark data contains nuggets of information that when paired with human context will unlock some of the most impactful insights for most organizations, and it’s our goal to make that process effortless and accessible.
We are an ambitious team committed to human-machine collaboration. Our founders are serial entrepreneurs passionate about data and AI and have started and scaled several companies to successful exits. We are a global, remote company with expertise in building amazing data products, captivating human experiences, disrupting industries, being ridiculously funny, and of course scaling AI.
We are a humble yet hungry group, always learning, always experimenting and always giving our best in everything we do. The company is still very young, and you will be joining the core engineering team, and it provides you the opportunity to take on more responsibility, break glass and change the world.
About the Role
This is a hands-on role, where you will build the team and function to Autonomize platform (Data, code, pipelines). We are looking for the “learn-it-all” type and not the “know-it-all”.
In this role, you will be responsible for all product, design and engineering deliverables and report to the company’s CTO. You will set the product priorities, work with customers and partners to build the roadmap, lead the architecture and engineering teams
You will also represent the company in research and industry conferences, and provide thought leadership on application of AI in healthcare.
Here is what we are looking for in our teammate:
**Must-have technical/industry competencies**
* You should have led teams or been part of a team that has build web-scale data/AI platforms, recommender or search systems
* Software Development Expertise: Hands-on experience with software development in various languages like Python, Java, C++, etc. Familiarity with front-end and back-end development, cloud computing, databases, and other crucial technologies
* DevOps and Automation: Knowledge of modern DevOps tools, CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, and configuration management
* AI/ML Knowledge: Familiarity with AI and ML systems and their applications in modern business. Strong understanding and experience working with Transformer Models like BERT, CLIP, GPT, T5, large language models, and QA/Search systems
* You understand the overall architecture of Transformer models, and Generative AI including LLMs
* Cloud Technologies: Experience with leading cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure
* Data Management: Knowledge of big data technologies, data architecture, data modeling, and data science techniques
* Cybersecurity: Understanding of the cybersecurity landscape and the ability to lead the implementation of secure coding practices, security audits, and threat modeling
* 10+ years experience in building decision support systems for healthcare / life sciences use cases and very comfortable leading architectural and security reviews of platforms with client teams
**Who you are as a person/leader:**
* Have worked with international team members and across timezones
* Owner mentality - For you, the buck stops at you, You own it, you will learn it, and you will get it done
* You are naturally curious. Always experimenting than hypothesizing - You like to push boundaries, you figure things out and experiment your way through any problem
* You are passionate, unafraid & loyal to the team & mission
* You love to learn & win together
* You communicate well through voice, writing, chat or video, and work well with a remote/global team
**Nice to have competencies**
* Large/Complex organization experience in deploying NLP/ML in production
* Experience in efficiently scaling ML model training and inferencing
* Experience with Big Data technologies using Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Snowflake
**Some perks of working with us:**
* Competitive Salary including base and bonus
* Equity / ESOP - Generous equity with huge upside
* Learning: Constantly learn from founders, community and customers
* Startup Perks - Ownership,Autonomy & Mastery
* Generous Health Insurance Benefit - Medical, Dental, Vision with 100% of premium paid for the employee and 50% for family members
* Relocation to fabulous Austin Texas (ATX)
* Unlimited vacation, benefits and a commitment to everyone’s physical/mental health
If you want to work on the most impactful work of your life, learn together, and change the world, this job is for you. Tell us why it’s you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected statuses.