The WAMS Senior Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for cyber security engineering support to the PMW/A 170 WAMS program with duties including:
- Attend all technical reviews for WAMS and provide expert input and recommendations on security issues to PMW/A 170.
- Identify the necessary requirements to obtain National Security Agency (NSA) approval of the End Cryptographic Units (ECUs) used by the WAMS.
- Develop a Key and Certificate Management Plan (KCMP) and coordinate KCMP approval with the NSA.
- Coordinate with PMW 130, DISA, or any other external stakeholder, as required, for any Transmission Security (TRANSEC) issues impacting the WAMS Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) capability, to advance the program.
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills and email etiquette.
- Must be a proactive self-starter, work well independently and with teams in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio.
Requires knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of Navy SATCOM security architectures
- Knowledge of TRANSEC requirements
- Knowledge of NSA certification/approval processes
- Minimum of 10 years of SATCOM systems/cybersecurity engineering experience
- Experience developing Navy SATCOM cybersecurity architectures
- Experience developing key management, key generation, and key sharing architectures in coordination with NSA and associated security policies
- Experience with KMI
Education: BS Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security, or Computer Science.
Clearance: Current/active Secret clearance at start of assignment required. Must be eligible for TS/SCI.
Salary at Highbury Defense is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $120,333 to $159,249. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Highbury Defense’s total compensation package for employees.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.