Text code VMAF to 202-915-6712 to apply!
Since 2009, MindPoint Group has been the cybersecurity firm of choice for the most security-conscious US federal agencies and commercial enterprises.
We're proud to be one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies in the country. With several ‘Best Places to Work awards under our belts, we have a diverse employee-focused culture, accessibility, and communication between all levels and departments, and over 4 stars in reviews on Glassdoor.
Come be a part of what we're building. We use our award-winning recruitment process to seek the most skilled, experienced, and driven information security consulting experts in the industry, while simultaneously empowering applicants to determine if MindPoint Group is the right fit for them. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to expand and develop careers long-term.
With positions throughout the US, a role at MindPoint Group promises you:
- An opportunity to work within one of the most diverse DC-based organizations
- Generous tuition and professional development reimbursements
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders focused on your growth
- Competitive benefits like 401k matching, 11 federal holidays, etc.
- And more!
Job DescriptionThis is contingent upon award.
MindPoint Group is seeking Vulnerability Management Analysts to assist our Federal client in the development and maintenance of the full lifecycle of vulnerability management services from discovery, triage, advising, remediation, and validation. You will support risk analysis and threat modeling support as part of a dynamic team responsible for the overall handling of information assurance activities for multiple information systems for a large, complex IT infrastructure program at a federal agency. Systems are deployed using cloud service providers to deliver advanced capabilities to the Federal government using IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS service models as well as managed/shared services via other federal agencies. You will leverage your experience identifying, managing, mitigating, and remediating threats and vulnerabilities to ensure the agency’s systems remain secure. You will function as part of a dynamic, multi-faceted risk management team.What You Get To Do Every Day
- Support the development and maintenance of vulnerability management services, including vulnerability scanning, vulnerability assessments, and providing advisory and tracking support for vulnerability remediation.
- Stays abreast of applicable vulnerability alerts related to agency systems.
- Works with agency’s service providers to identify the presence of vulnerabilities and develop mitigation plans.
- Coordinate with customers regarding scanning schedule and scope
- Review, analyze, validate, and report on vulnerability scan results from service providers and helps triage and escalates issues.
- Provide support to address Executive Directives (EDs) and Binding Operating Directives (BODs).
- Provide vulnerability assessment and provide risk analysis.
- Review scan data and address CVEs.
- Attend CISA/Cyber Liaison meetings and acts an a liaison for the agency
- Supports and monitors the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) dashboard.
- Assist in addressing any new CDM, FISMA, and Ongoing Authorization requirements.
- Triages remediation activities according to FRTIB remediation timelines.
- Coordinate with other teams, including ISSOs and penetration testers to share information
- Performs threat modeling.
What skills are required?
- US Citizenship, Public Trust Eligibility required**
What is ideal?
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Minimum eight (8) years of general experience and six (6) years of vulnerability management experience.
- Certification(s) in information technology security that meets or exceeds DoD 8570 IAM Level II.
- Experience conducting vulnerability scans, including configuration and use of tools such as Tenable Security Center and/or Qualys
- Knowledge of cloud and network security
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience providing vulnerability management support to a federal agency
- Experience addressing and responding to BODs for a federal agency
- Demonstrated experience with CDM
- Experience executing security testing activities such as penetration testing and application/vulnerability assessments
- This role will be hybrid in nature with regular on-site presence a few times a week in Washington, DC.
Job applicants that are interested in one of our openings and may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, should contact us to request an accommodation.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you interested in a posted job opportunity but may not check all of the “boxes” for desired qualifications? If so, we encourage you to apply! Our commitment to sustain and champion an inclusive and dynamic community of employees is a high priority!
Text code VMAF to 202-915-6712 to apply!