WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1985, Seagull Scientific is a provider of software solutions for designing, printing, and automating the production of labels, barcodes, and RFID tags. The Company's software platform – BarTender – is utilized by businesses across all end markets including aerospace, food & beverage, logistics, manufacturing, medical, pharmaceutical, and retail.
You know BarTender software’s customers. They’re the ones pioneering commercial space flight, developing and delivering vaccines to every continent, manufacturing energy-efficient cars, providing clean water to the world, putting wholesome food on your table and groceries in your cart — and they use our software to create the labels, barcodes and RFID that keep their supply chains moving, traceable and safe.
Our global, talented and diverse teams are passionate about what they do and its impact on everyone, everywhere. Join us and help shape the way the world works.
We are headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit
This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Bellevue, Washington, under a hybrid work model, working at least one day per week from our office. Local candidates only, please.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a hands-on Senior Manager of SaaS & Systems Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, manage through ambiguity and complexity, invent and simplify processes and simultaneously support multiple projects impacting a growing global organization. You are a leader and mentor, looking for an opportunity to set an excellent example for the team and technology community at Seagull.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead our SaaS and database engineering efforts to deliver best practice operations serving our customers and internal teams, concurrent with supporting enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices
- Ensure operating systems and security solutions are engineered and deployed in SaaS environments and databases, in conjunction with other platforms, to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of data warehouse supporting business intelligence tools, including PowerBI and Tableau
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of cloud security technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for our customers, business partners, vendors, and internal teams
- Development and manage the design, implementation and maintenance of policies, standards, and frameworks for SOC1, SOC2, NIST 800-53, HIPAA, ISO 27001, 27017, and other SaaS compliance activities
- Lead and manage internal and external compliance audits
- Assist with the oversight for security assessments to ensure compliance with information security policies and established security controls
- Assist with activities related to vulnerability management, risk assessment, security awareness and application of necessary security controls and technologies
- Assist engineering and product teams on all security and compliance related technical components
- Review and assist with the refinement of controls and compliance, and identify opportunities to ensure proactive management to mitigate risks
- Assist with security engineering and application development teams to deploy preventative and detective controls against our cybersecurity policies and standards to achieve continuous compliance
- Evaluate secure solutions, based on industry leading security engineering standards
- Deploy, maintain, and support systems, network appliances and HSMs
- Configure and automate our applications in our AWS instance
- Support and work with internal and external resources supporting both SaaS and on-premise solutions
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 7+ years of related experience in developing and supporting systems, databases (including data warehouses), and SaaS operations
- 3+ years of related experience with information security, risk assessment, compliance, audit, and security practices/solutions
- Strong knowledge of core infrastructure concepts such as networking and storage and how systems interact
- Proven experience working on complex issues where analysis of situations, and/or data requiring an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, is required
- Experience with:
- Cloud services such as Azure and AWS’s CloudFront, API Gateway, RDS and EC2
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Docker and other container management systems and virtualization
- Automation methodologies such as continuous integration/delivery
- CI/CD platforms (GitHub Actions preferred)
- Cloud security platforms, specifically with AWS and Azure
- Frameworks such as SOC2, and ISO 27001, 27017, NIST 800-53, HIPAA
- Knowledge and experience with defining and executing existing or new compliance initiatives, including SOC1, SOC2, ISO27017, and other requirements for SaaS
- Experience working closely with governance, risk and compliance (GRC) tools
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects, along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
- Prior experience in compliance initiatives bringing a SaaS product to market
- Ability to code and script is required
- Ownership, curiosity, creative problem solving and team leadership are all essential to success in this role
- People management experience with proven ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate, and balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation for this full-time, exempt job is an annual base between $148,000 - $207,800 with the potential for an annual discretionary bonus
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Accrual of 21 days of PTO (combined vacation and sick days) per year for the first 4 years of employment, with additional accrual increases for years of service
- 10 paid company holidays per calendar year
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Free parking (Bellevue office)
- Fun staff and team-building activities (greater Seattle area)
- On-site fitness center and deli (Bellevue office)
- Access to green space and Open Space Trail System (Bellevue office)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Upon hire, you must be able to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
We are Fair, we are Passionate, we appreciate Excellence and we act as a Team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment, in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. Join a team where your background is valued and respected, and your unique insights and ideas contribute to building a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific, LLC, is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruiting and employment.