Job Title: Network Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Raleigh, NC
Tele Commute: Hybrid Style (3days onsite & 2days remote a week)
Immigration Required: USC, GCH only
End Client: Federal Government (Successful candidate needs to undergo background investigation)
Our Client is seeking an Intermediate Network Engineer to perform enterprise and local-level LAN/WAN monitoring and propose enhancements that increase performance/reduce costs. This individual will be expected to work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitors network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options.
- Performs cost/benefit studies of network configuration and recommends enhancements.
- Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Coordinates installation activities by interfacing with hardware and software planners.
- Instructs operations personnel on use of new equipment.
- Coordinates repair of vendor-owned equipment.
- Maintains contact with vendors during problem restorations and advises customers and management of restoration status.
- Interfaces with users during the support process.
- May assist with strategic or tactical planning to justify, market, or manage the technology needed for successful business operations.
Required: 1 year experience/Preferred: 2 year 's experience with at least one of the following manufactures/products:
- HP Aruba
- Juniper Networks/Mist
- Cisco Maraki
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 3 years of applicable experience.
- Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
- Cannot have more than 6 months' travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
- Must be available to travel 30%