Elite, Prop Trading firm based in NYC, is seeking a talented Junior Systems Engineer. In this role you will provide the first line of real-time support to the business working closely with several teams. This position provides the opportunity to be a part of the trading environment and interact with key stakeholders of the business as well as the opportunity to learn, grow and develop skills while working on cross functional projects.
As a Junior Systems Engineer, you will:
- Support in-house and 3rd party trading applications
- Troubleshoot and remediate trading floor system issues.
- Work on scripting and automation of manual workflows
- Assist in new hire desk, account setup, and existing desktop upgrades.
- Identify and implement process and procedure improvements.
In order to qualify:
- 2+ years of experience in Windows Administration
- Familiarity with various versions of Windows Desktop and Server with an ability to troubleshoot both Software and Hardware issues.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell
- Strong communication: ability to transfer information clearly and use discretion to escalate the most urgent issues.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service support to our internal users.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft toolset, both on-premises and cloud-based
- Must be reliable, proactive, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
Additional skills/experience that will reflect favorably:
- Bachelor’s or associates degree in computer science, Information Systems or a related field
- Direct experience with hands-on desktop support and managing production incidents.
- Related Financial Services/trading business background.
- Experience with installing/supporting Bloomberg.
- Linux experience
- Python and/or Bash scripting