Job Title: Senior Full Stack Engineer (DeFi Infrastructure)
Location: New York, NY or Remote
About the Company: Opdefi(www.opde.fi) is building a technology layer on top of digital asset custodians, making it simple for institutional users to access DeFi safely and securely. Opdefi is backed by leading angels from JP Morgan, Citadel, Coinbase, Fireblocks, FalconX, Genesis and more, as well as VC’s including New Form Capital, Department of XYZ, Belvedere Capital and Soma Capital.
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Backend Engineer or Full Stack Developer to join our dynamic and fast-paced team. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with a minimum of 3 years of experience and possess in-depth knowledge of Typescript and NodeJS. They should be meticulous, detail-oriented, and have a track record of building reliable systems. Familiarity with DeFi concepts, although not mandatory, would be a nice-to-have.
• Design, build, and maintain back-end systems for the platform.
• Ensure high availability and reliability of the back-end infrastructure.
• Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code.
• Collaborate with the front-end development team to integrate back-end systems with the
platform’s user-facing interface.
• Implement security measures to protect sensitive user data and transactions.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in DeFi and related technologies.
• Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers on the team.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development.
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Typescript and NodeJS.
• Very meticulous and detail-oriented approach to work.
• Experience in building reliable and scalable systems.
• Familiarity with performance monitoring tools and DevOps. • Familiarity with cryptocurrency concepts is a plus.
• Preference given to candidates based in NYC
• Flexible time off policy, flexible WFH options.
• Optional pre-tax 401k contributions.
• Strong equity compensation.
• Base salary $130k-200k + Strong equity compensation.
• At Opdefi, we are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and growth. We focus on producing high quality work and doing the extra work required to get to that quality; this isn’t a standard 9-5 role.