We are a dedicated group of scientists, physicians, and businesspeople working together toward one goal: to discover and develop therapies that can unleash the power of the body’s immune system to treat and potentially cure cancer. We are passionate about the work we do every day at Agenus to deliver on the promise of immuno-oncology. If you’re looking for an inspired environment, passionate colleagues, and a culture that nurtures learning, innovation and team success, we invite you to join us.
Network Administrator is responsible for ensuring continuity of IT services for users by providing the technical expertise, assistance and project coordination necessary to deploy, configure and support computer hardware/software, phones, AV.
This role is required to be onsite 5 days a week in Lexington, MA.
Agenus is looking for a talented and dedicated individual to support our IT infrastructure as well as perform day-to-day support of users providing technical expertise, assistance, project coordination and problem resolution.
The Network Administrator is primarily responsible for ensuring continuity of IT services. The ideal candidate will be someone who has strong interpersonal skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work well with others at all levels including senior management, staff, technology vendors and partners, and end-users. The Network Administrator must be flexible, well organized and pay close attention to detail. The person must be able to work independently as well as with a team on complex tasks which require analysis and action.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade network and in house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications (both on-prem and cloud / AWS)
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance and test for weaknesses
- Setup user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Provide level three helpdesk support and training to end users.
- Deploy, upgrade and configure PCs/Macs/tablets/printers/desk phones/iOS and Android devices and other end user devices for Senior Management as required.
- Perform hands-on technical upgrades and deployments and serve as a team on various upgrades and maintenance activities.
- End user application installation, support, training centered around the office suite, other productivity applications and various scientific software packages
- Work closely with other IT staff and outside vendors to ensure continuity and a high level of service.
- Provide technical assistance, direction and advice to users as needed.
- Support audio/video software and hardware codecs used on desktop and in the conference rooms throughout the company offices
- Assist in implementing best practices that will more effectively utilize IT resources.
- Be “on-call” for all periods as assigned by manager.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT and make recommendations as it pertains to your position.
- Other responsibilities and projects may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- No less than 5 years desktop support experience and 3 years of server/network experience. Experience in Biotech/Pharma highly desirable.
- Familiarity with medical and fiscal regulatory environments highly desirable.
- Hardware: Dell Servers, Sophos Firewalls, HP switches, Aruba wireless, desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, desk phones, smartphones, other computer peripherals
- Operating Systems: Windows 10/11, OSX, Windows Server 2012/16/19, Hyper-V
- Backup systems: Veeam
- Networking – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, VLAN’s
- Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint
- Office 365
- MS Office Suite 2016, MS Visio, MS Project, Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, Desktop conferencing (WebEx, Skype, Zoom, etc…), various scientific applications
- A/V: Zoom / Teams, Projectors, LED displays, Various video conferencing equipment
- Digital and IP based enterprise phone systems
- Experience with instrument based and non-instrument based scientific/research software a plus.
Agenus is Delighted to Provide you With a Comprehensive Benefits Plan, Including Some of the Following:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Flexible Vacation Plan-In a time when we move at the speed of light, what matters most is what we achieve, not how many hours we clock or accrue. We want people to take breaks when they need them most and own their time. Our philosophy at Agenus is that freedom to take this time will lead to clarity, creativity and innovation through rested and refreshed eyes. With our Flexible Vacation Plan, Agenus will not limit the amount of vacation you can take. It will allow you to take the vacation time as you need, while fulfilling your job responsibilities and making meaningful contributions to our mission
- Care.com Memberships
- Education Assistance Program
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Catered Lunch
- Free Parking
Our core values
The way we work sets Agenus apart.
We put the patient first
We aspire to change the world, improving the experience and options available for every single cancer patient. The answers are out there, and patients are waiting.
We are bold, and we are one
We believe that the only way to deliver on our goals is to aim high and work as one global team. We look for opportunities to challenge, collaborate with, and support one another. We aim to break conventional standards and perform at extraordinary levels.
We work with integrity, respect and honesty
These three building blocks serve as pillars for how we behave, operate, and execute our mission.
We are a culture of ownership and accountability
We hold ourselves accountable not only for exceptional results, but how we get our results.
We are obsessively curious and deeply committed to learning
We live in a fast-paced environment that requires us to learn at or above the speed of change. We believe that curiosity fuels the desire to create, and learning provides the tools to progress.
We perform at our best every day
Every day counts. We confront insurmountable obstacles, problems and choices with intellect, perseverance and hard work.