The Director of Security manages a team of security guards to ensure the safety and security of the company’s patrons, employees, and property. The Director coordinates and supervises activities relating to the company’s overall protection and security.
· Manage the entire security guard staff including shift scheduling
· Prepare reports and records for the management team
· Conduct and supervise investigations
· Perform security patrols
· Protect property from theft, fire, and accidents
· Investigate and write reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activity, and other security-related situations
· Provide aid to customers, employees, and visitors following departmental standard operating procedures
· Warn people of rule infractions or violations
· Escort and/or evict violators of company policies from premises
· Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure the security of doors, windows, and gates
· Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
· Remain on-call for our 24/7 facility
· Manage the vehicle gate operations, processing hundreds of truck entries a day
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is active and requires standing and walking on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Director of Security Responsibility
This position supervises a team of security guards at the Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market.
Exposure to a combination of normal office environments, warehouse environments, and working outside in the elements.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work vary depending upon the assigned shift and being on-call 24/7.
Required Education and Experience
· A security-related certification.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a security guard.
· 3 years of supervisory experience
Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.