Request ID: 39481-1
Duration: 1+ yr.
Location work will be performed: Raleigh, NC
Job Title: Sr. Network EngineerDescription
Our Client is seeking senior travelling network engineers responsible for all aspects of the network projects, including hardware requirements, designing, and implementing standards based physical layer connectivity through complex routing protocols and Voice-over-IP implementations (Cisco unified Communications).
- Must be available to travel up to 20%. Will be onsite remaining time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Network design, and configuration of OSPF, EIGRP, RIP and Static routing solutions.
- Configure and support wireless systems.
- Architecture design, and systems implementation, of middle-of-row to core connectivity.
- IOS layer 2 and layer 3 configuration and support.
- Firewall and load balancing support.
- Top-of-rack to middle-of-row connectivity.
- Top-of-rack to server connectivity.
- Server to middle-of-row backup, and backup to backup core connectivity.
- Enclosure network hardware including blade switches and pass-thru modules.
- Ensure corporate standards for IOS images are followed by reviewing devices to confirm they are running standardized IOS images.
- Upgrade images where necessary to the correct IOS image.
- Create and apply layer 2 and Layer 3 switch and core router configurations.
- Configuring the switched environment and ensure data transverses the appropriate path to core devices via spanning-tree.
- Responsible for installation, operation, support and maintenance of Cisco Catalyst 65XX and Nexus 5K/7K carrier class switches
- Applying appropriate access and distribution layer security measures.
- Take an active role in coordinating networking duplicated in San Mateo and Eagan. Work with counterparts in San Mateo.
- Coordinate communication, documentation and addressing between the data centers.
- Input IP addressing and DNS information for network devices and servers.
- Communicate addressing information with Host Systems.
- Document environments. Include detailed drawings of physical devices, connectivity through cores, and routing to intranet and internet sites.
- Document device access, addressing, and physical locations for network devices.
- Monitor and work ServiceNow trouble and change control tickets. Tickets involve a range of requests and issues relating to network connectivity, network addressing, moves, adds, and changes.
- Optimize network performance - Review network performance to identify and correct network issues resulting in, less than optimal network performance.
- CISCO Certified Systems Instructor (CCSI)
- CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- CISCO Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
- CISCO Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- CISCO CCIE Written
- CISCO IP Telephony Design Specialist
- CISCO IP Communications Support Specialist
- CISCO Optical Specialist
- CISCO Wireless LAN Design Specialist
- CISCO Lifecycle Services IP Communications
3 years ‘s experience with at least one of the following manufactures/products:
Education: bachelor’s degree in computer science or associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 5 years of Systems Administration experience, or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.