Softek International is seeking a Senior Security Architect (Engineer) to support the DHS’ Enterprise Engineering Division (EED) within the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). This support includes providing strategic and tactical direction to a high functioning team of network and security engineers, data center specialists, and DHS stakeholder groups.
The candidate’s core responsibilitieswill be to:
· Maintaining and improving network and security capabilities to include modernization and emerging technologies
· Ensuring the security tools and infrastructure are available and operational from the perimeter down to the endpoints and data itself
· Providing support to maintaining and maturing security tool architecture for security operations monitoring
This role can be remote based in the Washington, DC area (VA, MD, DC) or Stennis, MS areas.
Duties / Responsibilities
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, creative problem-solving skills paired realistic and pragmatic execution.
- Consultancy and support in the design and implementation of complex network solutions.
- Representation of the network department as technical contact person in all project phases andnetwork component issues.
- Install new or rebuild existing servers, services and storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Responsible for daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, logs, systems and key processes.
- Coordinate and track all security engineering and architecture projects
- Align resources, to include personnel, effectively to meet project deadlines
- Communicate project risks, issues, and blockers andprogram status updates for all efforts to Federal leadership
- Ensure the team is maintaining compliance with applicable policies, standards, and procedures in support of Cybersecurity Provider (CSP) requirements and Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Conduct market research, product evaluation, prototyping, integration, development, deployment, recapitalization, operations, and maintenance support for a variety of security software and computing and networking technologies
- Work with other network architects / engineers and DHS stakeholders in the design, installation, and configuration of the network to achieve the established business and security requirements.
- Perform “as is” analyzes of existing security technologies and make recommendations and produce roadmaps of changes as needed to optimize performance and improve network performance.
- To be able to take a lead role in the design process working closely with program team.
- Establish effective working relationships with industry vendors to ensure alignment of current and future set requirements.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- 10 years overall professional experience, and at least 5 years of security engineering and architecture experience, in designing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting within a large enterprise security environment.
- Strong technical background to include extensive experience deploying, managing, and maintaining a wide range of security tools.
- Prior experience managing and mentoring other technical and security staff
- Must be resourceful in learning a very complex and dynamically changing network
- U.S. citizenship required active Top-Secret clearance is strongly preferred
BA / BS (relevant field); relevant experience may be a substitute for education.
Certifications (One of these are required)
- CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional)
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Certifications of Interest (Not Required)
- CASP (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Training)
- RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
- RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Expert)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Splunk Enterprise, Crowdstrike, Ansible, Red Hat, Linux, Tenable