Dinohead is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). As one of our Senior SREs, you will be 100% hands on with both infrastructure and software development. You will have the opportunity to support and implement multi-enclave hybrid-cloud Software Factories for the DoD that includes Kubernetes (K8s) platforms, DevSecOps tools, IaC, Cybersecurity tools, and custom software. The Senior role allows you to work with several technical teams involved in Software Development, Cybersecurity, and Operations (DevSecOps) to produce the next generation of software factories. You will work both independently and collaboratively with your team to troubleshoot and resolve highly technical issues the customers encounter. You'll partner cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to drive feedback, improve internal & external tooling, launch new products & features, and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Participate in a collaborative Kanban multi-discipline team working closely with the customer to accelerate cloud initiatives and improve processes.
- Be apart of the engineering team’s design and build of CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop and integrate toolchain systems to provide a path from development to production of Software Factories.
- Enable Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery through appropriate design guidelines.
- Maintain traceability between requirements, design, and test cases.
- Work directly with Development and Operations teams to increase velocity, prioritize tasks, implement requirements, and automate.
- Knowledge of architecture concepts including microservices, container orchestration, and traditional 3-tier applications.
- Support the implementation and deployment of Kubernetes platforms and infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible Automation Platform, Puppet, and VMware vRealize Automation.
- Develop and maintain code (Bash, Python, YAML, PowerShell, Ruby, Groovy).
- Ability to deliver work product with clients, vendors, and team partners.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills, good verbal and written communication skills
- Administration of Kubernetes (K8s) Platforms (D2iQ, Tanzu, Open Shift), Elastic, Istio, Gitlab and other DevSecOps products.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical support requests created by our customers spanning a growing range of container products and services, including Managed Kubernetes and Container Registries.
- Contributing to internal documentation that provides your team with the resources they need to perform in their role and external documentation that allows our customers to self-serve.
- Assist customers on-site during release deployment and with periodic system/application patching.
- 7+ years' experience in working with customers in identifying their business and technical requirements, and designing and/or implementing optimal technical solutions for them
- Knowledge and experience with container technologies
- Analyzing and troubleshooting container performance
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Ability to write sustainable scripts using a language such as Python, Perl, Java, YAML or PowerShell
- Experience with automation, preferably Red Hat Ansible
- Understanding of operating systems, application security configurations, and best practices in Windows and Linux/UNIX environment is required
- Working experience with JIRA
- Knowledge of Agile and iterative development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience recommending and implementing systems solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects
- Experience troubleshooting basic and advanced Kubernetes issues ranging from pods and deployments to the control plane.
- Knowledge of kubectl, community projects such as helm, istio, linkerd, prometheus, NGINX ingress-controller, and similar software and utilities used to manage deployments.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA).
- Experience with Atlassian, VMware, Red Hat, GitLab, Oracle, Palo Alto Prisma, D2iQ.
Clearance Level & Education Level
- TS clearance with SCI eligibilty required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in a technical engineering position involving infrastructure design technologies, data management and interchange, system design and/or development for complex applications.
- Must obtain/maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security +, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP) within 120 Days of hire.