GCyber is looking for a Network Engineer to support the Joint Service Providers (JSP) Enterprise Transport Management (ETM) at the Pentagon.
As theNetwork Engineer,you will:
- Designs, plans, and builds communications networks.
- Configures routers and switches, and firewalls for LAN and WAN systems and VPN concentrators with appropriate network engineering and communications protocols.
- Coordinates LAN/WAN hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements.
- Monitors the network utilizing industry leading technologies.
- Provides innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process.
- Plans implementation of enhancements.
- Analyzes customer requirements and provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Performs maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and networks.
- Maintains network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies and maintains system backup and recovery capability.
- Coordinates the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Creates plans and configures systems for data communication networks.
- Evaluates new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Designs and builds the hardware and software components for computer or telecommunications networks.
- Provides guidance and leadership to less‐experienced network personnel.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- DoD IAT II certification (i.e., Security+, CySA+, CCNA-Security, CND, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
- 5+ years of experience in Network Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or work experience in lieu of degree
- One of the following Networking Certifications – Brocade, Cisco (CCNA/CCNP), Juniper (JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP), Aruba
- Must have hands-on experience/knowledge with Aruba networking systems.
This position is 100% on site at our customer location in Arlington, VA. Theposition shift is 8:00pm - 6:30am Monday - Thursday.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means you don’t have to worry about whether your application process will be fair. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
For future job notifications please be follow GCyber on LinkedIn.https://linkedin.com/company/gcyber