CyberOne has a new opportunity for a Senior Network Security Engineer located in either the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex or Houston, Texas area.
The Senior Network Security Engineer will provide expert support, analysis and research into complex problems and processes relating to deploying Palo Alto Networks equipment. The engineer will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel. The engineer will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams within the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives.
The engineer contributes to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems, and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products and solutions deployed within the Customer's network.
- Consult and guide customer(s) on security best practices and act as a Trusted Advisor for client on behalf of Palo Alto Networks solutions.
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports, providing input and direction as applicable.
- Build custom security policies and application signatures.
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose cases.
- Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
- Work with sales account team to help formulate technical strategy to address customer business needs.
- Support direct manager in managing business needs through weekly reports and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- 7+ years current or previous experience in professional services and / or similar customer service industry.
- 7+ years' experience with enterprise level integration of User-ID, URL, Threat, Wildfire, etc.
- 7+ years' experience in enterprise level policy management with AppID and content inspection.
- 7+ years' experience with Prisma Access technologies (SD-WAN, CASB, SASE)
- Proven customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. MIS, CIS)
- Professional Certification (PCNSE) – Required or ability to obtain within 1 month of hire date.
- Routing and switching fundamentals (CCNA or equivalent).
- Expert level relationship management, communications, and interpersonal skills. Ability to manage face to face interactions with multiple levels of customer management and engineering staff, across multiple departments within the host company, in a responsible and professional fashion.
- Expert level troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Excellent customer service skills to foster relationships and interact with local and remote clients in a persuasive and confident manner.
- Above average organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) including interaction with Sr. leadership, peers and team members.
- Multi-Tasking and Time Management Skills; can adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
- Travel may be required up to 30%.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends to meet company and customer needs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to move about inside a professional office environment.
- An environment that empowers employees to contribute to an organization that embraces a fail-fast mentality.
- An open, supportive, fast paced, and collaborative work environment.
At CyberOne, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. CyberOne is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.