Title: System Engineer - Level 3
Location: 505 Hudson St Hartford, Connecticut 06106
Currently hybrid work - 80% telework, 20% on premise. May require additional days on site to get oriented.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs to engage the service of a System Engineer 3 consultant position. The candidate will participate in the deployment and maintenance of DCF business systems. The primary focus of this candidate will be core infrastructure design, installation and support.
POSITION ROLE AND DELIVERABLES
The consultant will serve in the capacity of a systems engineer and project manager. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for deployment, support and ongoing maintenance and management of a VMware Virtual infrastructure. Provide implementation, maintenance and support for Windows Servers and Clusters, Veeam, HP Blades and Storage as well as other Applications and Systems.
The candidate will be expected to work with management, business users, systems developers, and operations to clarify project scope; work independently, review documented forms, processes, and data models; develop prototype systems and processes; implement agreed upon systems; support and maintain existing solutions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of five (5) years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
1. Understands VMware and Virtual Environments.
2. Understands Network and Data management methodologies.
3. Expertise working closely with application developers and business users to provide reliable systems.
4. Expertise with the implementation and support of virtual systems and storage area networks.
5. Support production, staging and development environments to meet agency needs, including Patching and Backups.
6. Knows how to optimize and Troubleshoot Windows operating systems supporting Dynamics, BizTalk and SharePoint servers and related network hardware and software.
7. Provide support to developers and/or testers to resolve technical problems with data and systems.
8. Experience in supporting SQL Server and .NET applications.
9. Knowledge of information security best practices and implementation.
10. Assist with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
11. Assist with IT security.
12. Develop and provide administrative oversight for agency SharePoint environment.
13. Knowledge of Tracing, Monitoring, and Auditing systems.
14. Understands Information Technology Operations Administration, ITIL and Microsoft Operations Framework.
15. Develop and Implement agency ITIL processes and systems.
It’s highly desirable that the candidate also have:
1. Experience with managing multiple infrastructure projects.
2. Experience with SCCM, Veeam, Solarwinds and SAN environments
3. Experience with operational support for Dynamics, BizTalk and SharePoint.
4. Experience Active Directory and Windows Server skills
5. Experience with network services such as DNS, DHCP, and Windows Clustering
6. Experience working in highly virtualized environment built on VMware solutions